Studer A80 variants

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
In my great Summer downsizing effort :) I am in the process of sale of few Studer A80's I got along the years - I have now two perfectly working A80 machines that are enough for my needs. However I have some doubts concerning the machines shown in the pictures. Are these factory carried modifications on request or add-on modifications carried outside the Studer network? One of the machines became wider than the standard A80 and the other has a tilted protuberance in front with a bar meter, but the trolleys seem Studer made.

At that time I got these machines to get spares, but soon found they could be refurbished and put on service again, never had them disassembled ...

a1.jpg b1.jpg

Reactions: Lee

waltzingbear

Apr 8, 2019
Portland, Oregon
bingo, not Studer jobs, only good enough for BBC.

actually these were done to be self contained editing machines, you know back before there were things called DAWs.

:)
Cheers Alan

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
We can see some very interesting mechanical spares for the Studer A80 at eBay, although expensive, being sold from China. Anyone has experience with the Studer a80 chinese sellers and their products? BTW, I am not referring to the usual NAB HUB adapters or pinch rollers!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing