Studer A807 only direct sound

Mrsedor

Jan 27, 2022
Dear All,

A regretted friend of mine gave me his STUDER A807 that had been in his attic for a long time.

After gently cleaning it, it is working almost fine, transport is working well, but I can't get no playback sound from the tape.

I sent a reference in the line inputs and it goes right through the output (and inside monitor), even in play mode, but nothing is coming back from the tape.

Looks like the Varispeed, Nab and Insert switch are broken, but I think it shouldn't be this problem, maybe I'm wrong?

I can't see no jumper in the manual that would do that, but I'm surely mistaken.
This is the model without the VUmeters.

By the way it has not been recaped.
I think I will do it, but don't know if it can influence the logical routing.
The fuses are all good and passing.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Best

Mrsedor

Jan 27, 2022
Maybe it has something to do with the input fonction? (in the adj. menu)

Attachments

• Capture d’e?cran 2022-01-27 a? 20.39.39.png
    Capture d’e?cran 2022-01-27 a? 20.39.39.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 1

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing