Subbase Audio Shambala Rack instalation

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I have ordered custom Audio Rack,Amp Stands and Turntable Plateau by Subbase Audio from Germany last week after 2 months finally Mr Thomas Schlipper owner designer of Subbase Audio driven to me from Germany and made installation and fine tuning.

All Models the Shambala Rack the Shambala Solo and the Analogique Turntable Plateau (32 kg) are all designed and made by hand to my own specific preferences and dimensions.One of the important genial ideas behind Thomas Schlipper s racks is that he this "passive" racks are grounded whit custom made grounding cables. The Rack and the Analogique TT Plateau are connected/grounded to the Subbase Ground Box and this is connected whit my dedicated electric line(s) for Audio this is a brilliant idea.

After installation the first week i didnt connect any of this grounding cables i first listened to the Racks impact and that was already so much better than my former Racks "RixRacks" and amps stands from "Finite Elemente the Pagoda" and any other rack i have heard seen experienced.The build quality is State of Art no any picture can justice the beauty and the very high level of perfectionism building this Racks/Amps stands/TT Plateaus.

After one week i connected the 3 grounding cables 2 for the Shambala Rack and one for the "Analogiqeu" the Turntable Plateau and the impact of the rack doubled the sound was much more peaceful calm darker background better tighter bass much better highs the cymbals sound much more like cymbals lower noise floor on his website he Thomas says about the name Shambala : Shambala means protected zone the goal is to protect the Rack and components from any unwanted resonans and signals.

Subbase is the final touch in my dedicated system and the brand and the man behind it Mr Thomas Schlipper deserves definitely more recognation.

Attachments

• Subbase 1.JPG
    Subbase 1.JPG
    906.9 KB · Views: 107
  • subbase 2.JPG
    subbase 2.JPG
    870.4 KB · Views: 108
  • subbase 3 .JPG
    subbase 3 .JPG
    857.7 KB · Views: 109
  • subbase 4 .JPG
    subbase 4 .JPG
    793.4 KB · Views: 112
  • subbase 5 .JPG
    subbase 5 .JPG
    396.6 KB · Views: 118
  • subbase 6.JPG
    subbase 6.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 121
  • subbase 7.JPG
    subbase 7.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 130
  • subbase 8.JPG
    subbase 8.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 138
  • subbase 10.JPG
    subbase 10.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 135
  • subbase 12.JPG
    subbase 12.JPG
    635.9 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Extremely nice. Congrats.

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Reactions: Audire

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Great system. These speakers were partof of one my best sound reproduction experiences, the Metronome's were mandatory in the system. Can I ask what is the size of the room?

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Great system. These speakers were partof of one my best sound reproduction experiences, the Metronome's were mandatory in the system. Can I ask what is the size of the room?

Microstrip W 455 cm L 1100cm H 305 cm

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
I have ordered custom Audio Rack,Amp Stands and Turntable Plateau by Subbase Audio from Germany last week after 2 months finally Mr Thomas Schlipper owner designer of Subbase Audio driven to me from Germany and made installation and fine tuning.

All Models the Shambala Rack the Shambala Solo and the Analogique Turntable Plateau (32 kg) are all designed and made by hand to my own specific preferences and dimensions.One of the important genial ideas behind Thomas Schlipper s racks is that he this "passive" racks are grounded whit custom made grounding cables. The Rack and the Analogique TT Plateau are connected/grounded to the Subbase Ground Box and this is connected whit my dedicated electric line(s) for Audio this is a brilliant idea.

After installation the first week i didnt connect any of this grounding cables i first listened to the Racks impact and that was already so much better than my former Racks "RixRacks" and amps stands from "Finite Elemente the Pagoda" and any other rack i have heard seen experienced.The build quality is State of Art no any picture can justice the beauty and the very high level of perfectionism building this Racks/Amps stands/TT Plateaus.

After one week i connected the 3 grounding cables 2 for the Shambala Rack and one for the "Analogiqeu" the Turntable Plateau and the impact of the rack doubled the sound was much more peaceful calm darker background better tighter bass much better highs the cymbals sound much more like cymbals lower noise floor on his website he Thomas says about the name Shambala : Shambala means protected zone the goal is to protect the Rack and components from any unwanted resonans and signals.

Subbase is the final touch in my dedicated system and the brand and the man behind it Mr Thomas Schlipper deserves definitely more recognation.
Very nice. I perceive tho art quite the enthusiast. :)

Reactions: amadeus

iaxel

Oct 25, 2016
Looks beautiful!
I’m also in search of a stand to accommodate all my equipment.
What is the width of this rack?

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Looks beautiful!
I’m also in search of a stand to accommodate all my equipment.
What is the width of this rack?
180 cm netto and whit the side boards 195cm total this size was made on my specific wishes...

Reactions: iaxel

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
That looks awesome.
Congratulations amadeus

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia

Extremely nice congratulations.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing