Symposium Acoustics

Minnesotafats

Aug 26, 2020
Hi @spiritmusic and all,

I am currently using Stillpoints (different models) in my system under speaker and components. I can clearly hear what do well, the resolution is much higher, better blacks between instruments and clear highs. However, I can also hear what they take away or not focus on, which is the mid-bass and lower mid-range. Now I would like to try the Symposium equipment. I am just wondering why it is suggested that Rollerblocks Juniors HDSE perform better than the series 2+? Is it because of their design? It seems that the 2+ is even higher up the range.
Secondly, how do they differ and compare against the Arya Revopods? Which I also have in my system now, but thinking of placing them under speakers instead. The Rollerblocks will then slip under the components, which rest on SRA platforms. Would they increase the performance of the SRA’s as well? So many questions.

Don't be afraid of calling Peter from Symposium at 973 616 4787 and asking the inventor/producer directly. He is a good resource. Ultimately he would probably say go with the 2+ but he can guide you on where to best allocate his best solutions and where you would utilize his less high end solutions.

Reactions: Jim Smith

DeadWax

Apr 11, 2020
Just put three Rollerblock JR HDSE's under my LM805ia amp and was really impressed with the results. Improved detail, focus, tightness and precision of bass, plus a more focused yet airy soundstage. Well worth the modest cost. I'm using them in conjunction with a Symposium Ultra Platform. Before using the HDSE's I sometimes would increase the negative feedback a hair (NFB is adjustable on this amp) when I turned the volume up to higher levels. With the HDSE's in play I can use it on lowest NFB setting with no distortion even at the peak of my listening volume. I liken this to adding good acoustic treatments to your room for the first time. Full endorsement here.

Reactions: Re-tread

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Deadwax, your results reflect mine. They do the job, are naturally revealing, balanced and self effacing, zero euphonic. Imho, remain the footers to beat, especially at their price band.

Reactions: DeadWax

Re-tread

Mar 8, 2020
Without taking this thread OT, I would like to briefly interject that I recently purchased from Peter at Symposium Acoustics a custom "Svelte Shelf" for an atypical use-case, whereby, I needed a custom Svelte Shelf with only a 11mm height, rather than the usual 5/8" height (~16mm). As background, I explained to him my height constraint in-between the skeleton shelves of my Finite Elemente Spider rack, and he proposed a solution - an ~11mm version to solve my dilemma. Upon receiving my custom Svelte Shelf this week, I inserted it underneath my Innous Zenith Mk 3 + Innous Phoenix combo, which (unfortunately) sits atop my Equitech 1.5Q balanced power isolator/regenerator. With the sensitive Innous clocking equip (server/streamer/re-clocker) placed on top of a huge toroidal transformer inside the Equitech, I knew I needed some help. With the custom Svelte Shelf now in place, the sound reveals a huge uplift via noise floor reduction. I was hopeful it would help, but I am thrilled with the exceptional SQ uplift. The low bass in my sub is much clearer, the mids are deeper, more textured and cleaner, and the highs now have a clarity and a real solidness in imaging. The whole sound-scape is improved. And as a result, listening fatigue is also reduced. Even my wife hears the ease and newfound clarity. In my use-case, I believe the Svelte Shelf helps my system with:

1. Mu mitigation - reducing the electromagnetic influence produced from the Equitech's large electronic flux onto the adjacent Innous combo (that resides on top). In the attached photo, you can see the front edge of the Svelte Shelf just on top of the bottom black component. Peter said the Mu protection would be significant with the two layers of stainless steel, and the inner cavity that the insulation in the middle provides. He has measured the dB's of the Mu attenuation of his shelves previously, and his Svelte Shelve has certainly demonstrated its effectiveness to me.
2. Vibration dissipation - the core anti-vibration technology in-between the 2 stainless steel outer layers enable vibrations to dissipate into heat, and as a by-product, drain vibrations away from the sensitive electronics.

Last but not least, the Svelte was produced in very substantial gauge stainless-steel, and cut and polished to a very high standard. The darn thing is (unexpectedly) heavy. Moreover, the packaging it came in provided excellent protection during shipping, and the box and stuffing are certainly re-usable. No short-cuts were taken here. Exceptional quality of the product and scope of delivery.

Hope this feedback helps others as they review their challenges, and consider potential solutions.

IMG_4776.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: DeadWax and Mikem53

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I've been running Symposium for a few years, and it's a fantastic balance of great sonics and excellent VFM, plus second to none customer service from Peter.

I had been running a custom 7mm thick Svelte under my stock TT motor pod to great effect. On replacing that motor with a superior one from SOTA, things were good on the Svelte as well.

However it was possible to go with the standard 16mm thick Svelte, and this thickness is ideal for the SOTA motor pod, affording an additional 9mm thickness of isolation.

And the results are really positive and significant, some vibrations from the motor pod that were mildly evident with the 7mm thick Svelte are much better drained away with the 16mm thick Svelte.

And SQ uptick easily audible, especially in smoothness of sound and greater air in the presentation.

Another home run for Peter and Symposium Acoustics. Very pleased to see you're getting advantages yourself in a challenging setup.

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012

Re-tread

Mar 8, 2020
Greetings gfroman,

Thanks for the poignant photo. Tell us the sonic uplift when you placed your MBL's on the SA Ultra's. Likewise, I would like to eventually place my JM Reynaud Offrande monitors on either: IsoAcoustic Gaia footers, or, an appropriate/equivalent Symposium Acoustic product.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Give some serious consideration to Arya Audio Revopods if you trial the Gaias. The Gaias are excellent in many ways, but no match for the Revopods under my Zus.

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
A Dealer suggested using under my MBL 101E speakers, similar to what he does with his MBL's.
Seams to firm up the mid and lower frequencies. Better imaging also.
These were custom made to my MBL 101E base dimensions.
Thanks!

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
Give some serious consideration to Arya Audio Revopods if you trial the Gaias. The Gaias are excellent in many ways, but no match for the Revopods under my Zus.
I wish others would mention RevOpods. You often rave about them and claim they are so much better than Gaias and I'd like to follow this up as I'm in the market for footers under my Avantgarde Duo XD. I want them as low as possible and RevOpods are about 1 cm lower than Gaias. Trouble is - no one else sems to use them or even comment on them - favourably or otherwise. It seems almost a one-man crusade!

In fact I've been offered one set of 4 used, but I'm reluctant as they come in various colours so a second used pair may be a mis-match. My Wanted ad has come up with only that single reply in 2 years!

Anyone else using RevOpods?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
They seem to be under every piece of gear on the Audio Exotics website...seriously, it's the after-market footer of choice over there.
I can't praise Revopods enough, they've been a critical part of my system evolution towards where I am today.
They were the pivotal change in allowing me to tame my onboard subs contribution, which has been a big part in me able to strip out a whole barrier to my enjoyment of classical.
To be able to turn my subs down, both at where they cross to my main drivers, and the level chosen, while leading effectively to more accurate bass, has been one of the twin foundations (the other being the overall smoother less harsh acoustic in this room) that has meant my system, primarily my Zu spkrs, has gone from great on rock and fusion, but murky on jazz and especially classical, to way more open and expressive on the latter.
I am certain the Gaias would not have helped get me here.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
A Dealer suggested using under my MBL 101E speakers, similar to what he does with his MBL's.
Seams to firm up the mid and lower frequencies. Better imaging also.
These were custom made to my MBL 101E base dimensions.
Thanks!
So u listened to your 101's without the Symposium Ultra's first?

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Yes.
First - Spikes to floor.
Second - Spikes (w/protector discs) to Symposium Platform.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Thanks and good to know. I'm assuming fully broken in with spikes on floor

Pallen

Jun 25, 2018
Anyone like these racks or had experience with them, they are USA made and based in Jersey.
To the original question at the beginning of the thread, I have a couple of points. Peter at Symposium is an honest and hard working operator with great customer service. Every email is answered promptly and with full explanations. Peter's design philosophy is, in his own words, about recreating the sound of live music - exciting, invigorating, visceral, fast. He uses metal layers (aluminium, stainless steel) in his shelf designs and in his racks. There are a number of benefits his rack provides but it is a sound that has a particular character, that may suit some peoples tastes and systems but not others. I'd suggest taking a progressive approach and trying one of the Symposium shelves first and then moving forward from there. The workmanship on Symposium products is great and they offer good value compared to other companies.

Reactions: Minnesotafats

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
To the original question at the beginning of the thread, I have a couple of points. Peter at Symposium is an honest and hard working operator with great customer service. Every email is answered promptly and with full explanations. Peter's design philosophy is, in his own words, about recreating the sound of live music - exciting, invigorating, visceral, fast. He uses metal layers (aluminium, stainless steel) in his shelf designs and in his racks. There are a number of benefits his rack provides but it is a sound that has a particular character, that may suit some peoples tastes and systems but not others. I'd suggest taking a progressive approach and trying one of the Symposium shelves first and then moving forward from there. The workmanship on Symposium products is great and they offer good value compared to other companies.
+1, couldn't have said it better myself. As I've refined my sound over many years, the Symposium rack, Ampstands, Rollerblocks and Svelte pads I've invested in, have all complemented my changes. At no point do I even get the vague impression they're holding things back, or imposing a major character/coloration. Peter's customer service is the icing on the cake...my simple request for info going from a 7mm Svelte to a 16mm one came back with an in-depth explanation...not just a PayPal invoice Lol.

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012

Reactions: Minnesotafats

Minnesotafats

Aug 26, 2020
My three wide by three level Symposium Osiris Rack showed up last month. Hope I don't offend anybody with all the pictures but I thought the assembly process was worth looking at. When I bought this I thought I was crazy for spending as much as I did for this rack. Now I realize the value proposition. Will be getting some more Double Stack 2 Rollerblocks to compliment the rack in the future. I have had two of my audio buddies that are familiar with my system tell me that they definitely hear a difference in soundstage and lower noise floor. Glad I made the leap. PXL_20210531_001649346.jpg
PXL_20210528_233147262.jpg PXL_20210529_010435775.jpg PXL_20210529_010501772.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210529_010501772.jpg
    PXL_20210529_010501772.jpg
    775 KB · Views: 13
  • PXL_20210528_233153533.jpg
    PXL_20210528_233153533.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Never apologise for discussing gear Lol.
Looks excellent, my Symposium purchases (3-tier Isis rack, 3 amp-stands, Rollerblock Jnrs under everything except tt and spkrs) has been one of my more clever buys, excellent neutral non-hyped presentation at hugely reasonable cost compared to the pricey opposition out there.
Looks like that's applying to you too.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing