T-2000 25th Anniversary

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I'm surprised this integrated amp from Allnic is not mentioned on this forum.
Looks like a pretty sweet integrated, does anyone own one ? how does it sound ?
Allnic-T2000-25th-Anni-@-Lotus-Hifi-4.jpg

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
I've got the Allnic T-2000 25th for demonstration here since about a year back.

If you're looking for a well built, highly transparent and dynamic tube amp that drives most speakers on the market with ease, this is a SOTA contender at a very reasonable price (approx. €10.000 in Europe). I can't recommend it enough.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

Reactions: matakana

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I've got the Allnic T-2000 25th for demonstration here since about a year back.

If you're looking for a well built, highly transparent and dynamic tube amp that drives most speakers on the market with ease, this is a SOTA contender at a very reasonable price (approx. €10.000 in Europe). I can't recommend it enough.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se
I Marcus, thanks for the reply yes this integrated look very reasonably priced for a well known brand like Allnic.
I live pretty close from the distributor in my country therefore i will try to audition it after lockdown.

Reactions: Hyperion

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
View attachment 71597

I had the standard T2000 for 8 yrs then changed to the T2000 anniversary, This plays completely in a different league than my previous one, like a complete different model! much greater dynamics, focus and sheer musical flow/ timbre. Volume level around 10 o'clock with my 93db speakers preferring pentode mode. I did not think it could be done especially at the price point, sounds best straight from the wall rather than my external balanced transformer, reacts kindly to footers taking away a mild darkness and opening up the soundscape also roll them 6485 to 6 ah6 and fuse. Balanced input also is best for my allnic phono.
Now I wonder if those new KT170 tubes will be compatible!

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
I had the standard T2000 for 8 yrs then changed to the T2000 anniversary, This plays completely in a different league than my previous one, like a complete different model! much greater dynamics, focus and sheer musical flow/ timbre. Volume level around 10 o'clock with my 93db speakers preferring pentode mode. I did not think it could be done especially at the price point, sounds best straight from the wall rather than my external balanced transformer, reacts kindly to footers taking away a mild darkness and opening up the soundscape also roll them 6485 to 6 ah6 and fuse. Balanced input also is best for my allnic phono.
Now I wonder if those new KT170 tubes will be compatible!

BTW
Before getting the standard T2000 I had the Nagra VPA monos and plp preamp, the T2000 was much preferred IMHO.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
BTW
Before getting the standard T2000 I had the Nagra VPA monos and plp preamp, the T2000 was much preferred IMHO.
Thanks, do you think using KR audio KT150 tubes would make a difference ?

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
One other thing i don't know is if this amp is capable of driving quite difficult speakers like Thiel CS 3.7s which spend most of the time under 3 ohms.

ketcham

Industry Expert
Feb 29, 2016
The T-2000 25h Anniversary - has a 8 Ohm 4 Ohm switch - set to 4 Ohms and the KT150 will drive these speakers without issue. There is no parasitical crosstalk between the windings (4 Ohm/8 Ohm) since they both are used simultaneously.

I actually adore the Kron tube sound but have not heard anything about a KT170 - I would love to hear more about them.

Another aspect of the Allnic T-2000, you can adjust them later and add in a preamp by bypassing the internal preamp. This adds future versatility and allows comparing to the internal preamp circuitry.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Yes it would be nice if these KT 170 were available for the T-2000 25th but do we need that much power ?

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
The T-2000 25h Anniversary - has a 8 Ohm 4 Ohm switch - set to 4 Ohms and the KT150 will drive these speakers without issue. There is no parasitical crosstalk between the windings (4 Ohm/8 Ohm) since they both are used simultaneously.

I actually adore the Kron tube sound but have not heard anything about a KT170 - I would love to hear more about them.

Another aspect of the Allnic T-2000, you can adjust them later and add in a preamp by bypassing the internal preamp. This adds future versatility and allows comparing to the internal preamp circuitry.

Hi Ketcham,

Are you able to advise if you can roll in KT 88 in the anniversary ? as the Acme or KR look interesting also and may be an alternative to the KT150 .
The KT 170 interest me in how they may sound and not in more power.

Reactions: Glide3

ketcham

Industry Expert
Feb 29, 2016
The T-2000 comes with the KT150 stock as they were determined to sound better than both the KT120 and KT88. If the KT170 proves reliable, they will be considered. I have no reference to voice an opinion on the KT170 at this time. Given the trend, the extra power reserve would improve dynamics, speed and punch at the minimum.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
The T-2000 comes with the KT150 stock as they were determined to sound better than both the KT120 and KT88. If the KT170 proves reliable, they will be considered. I have no reference to voice an opinion on the KT170 at this time. Given the trend, the extra power reserve would improve dynamics, speed and punch at the minimum.
When will the KT170 be available ?

Sallingboe Audio

Mar 19, 2020
Denmark
sallingboeaudio.com
View attachment 71597
Hello
I am official distributor of Allnic in Denmark and Norway. I have demonstrated this amp on two shows in Denmark with great success. Also sold an handfull of them with great feedback.
It is as another member mentioned transparent, dynamic and can drive most speakers.
You probably want to know that Allnic just released a 30th year anniversary model of this amp - improvements such as the new 61 step attenuator and higher gain.
Still very reasonable priced at EUR 9950,-
Best integrated amp I have heard so far.

Reactions: Hyperion

ketcham

Industry Expert
Feb 29, 2016
More information: The improved performance with the 61-Step constant impedance bridge-type attenuator (CIA) commanded standardization for all line stages currently imported into North America. The improved performance to cost difference, this was necessary to standardize. With fixed impedance at no (± 0 dB) channel unbalance, these linestages help to eliminate the noted sweet spot for listening and preserve dynamics and imaging at any volume, an achievement rarely met in the industry. This CIA is now FEATURED on the new T-2000 - 30th Anniversary integrated amplifier!!! New chassis design. An entirely revised circuit with newly designed transformers to accommodate the new KT-170 power tubes at I believe... 300W? $12,500 USD. For those in Europe, EUR 9950 is excellent pricing! This spectacular integrated brings much of the top of the line Allnic separates together and will drive ANY speaker with unshakeable grip and outstanding clarity, balance and delicacy – from top to bottom.

Like previous models the T-2000 can be switched to amplifier if a preamplifier separate is desired. However, an improvement in performance may be difficult to achieve, making this a great piece.

Last edited:

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
More information: The improved performance with the 61-Step constant impedance bridge-type attenuator (CIA) commanded standardization for all line stages currently imported into North America. The improved performance to cost difference, this was necessary to standardize. With fixed impedance at no (± 0 dB) channel unbalance, these linestages help to eliminate the noted sweet spot for listening and preserve dynamics and imaging at any volume, an achievement rarely met in the industry. This CIA is now FEATURED on the new T-2000 - 30th Anniversary integrated amplifier!!! New chassis design. An entirely revised circuit with newly designed transformers to accommodate the new KT-170 power tubes at I believe... 300W? $12,500 USD. For those in Europe, EUR 9950 is excellent pricing! This spectacular integrated brings much of the top of the line Allnic separates together and will drive ANY speaker with unshakeable grip and outstanding clarity, balance and delicacy – from top to bottom.

Like previous models the T-2000 can be switched to amplifier if a preamplifier separate is desired. However, an improvement in performance may be difficult to achieve, making this a great piece.

Any pics?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing