T.H.E. Show 2021 -- The Video Interviews

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Steve, Julian and I are delighted to release WBF's first video. We hope you like it!

Please post any questions or comments you may have about the T.H.E. Show 2021 video or about my interviews or about the loudspeakers I chose to highlight here on this thread.

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Who has heard the MC Audiotech Forty-10 loudspeakers?

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
First of all - congratulations on the next step of WBF development! I am keeping my fingers crossed for the next videos and I am hoping that you guys will enjoy creating them.

When it comes to questions, I would have a few:

1. How did you find and choose people for the interviews? Did you just approach them and ask or did you arrange the interview upfront?

2. What do you consider to be the biggest challenge in the process of creating this video? Was there anything that surprised you?

3. How did you tackle the issue of general "surrounding noise" while conducting an interview?

Duke LeJeune

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 22, 2013
Princeton, Texas
T.H.E Show ticket sales surpassed both 2019 and 2018! Imo THAT is a very good omen!!

And I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED your interviews - you picked three EXTREMELY interesting speakers to delve into, speakers that I am very glad to have learned more about. That MC Audiotech Forty-Ten has a lot of innovation going on, and I really like the designer's approach to combining multiple drivers which cover the upper frequency range. Imo THAT is the geometry to use, if you can. You see it sometimes in prosound but I don't recall seeing it done in home audio before.

Thank you and Tinka and Steve and Julian for producing this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Folsom

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Well done Ron, you are a natural in front of the camera. Keep 'em coming!

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Cool Vid-You are a funny guy Ron :) --Kudos!--looking forward to the next instalment!

Just a quiet pointer--- maybe ease the "manspeading" a tad --:rolleyes:

I've attended 4 previous THE SHOWS--great to hear it was success for them in these trouble times

Carry on please!

BruceD

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
First of all - congratulations on the next step of WBF development! I am keeping my fingers crossed for the next videos and I am hoping that you guys will enjoy creating them.

When it comes to questions, I would have a few:

1. How did you find and choose people for the interviews? Did you just approach them and ask or did you arrange the interview upfront?

2. What do you consider to be the biggest challenge in the process of creating this video? Was there anything that surprised you?

3. How did you tackle the issue of general "surrounding noise" while conducting an interview?

Thank you!

1) I wandered around the show listening to systems, and I selected the three speakers I found the most interesting.

2) This show was a wonderfully easy introduction to making a show video report like this. The hallways were not crowded, and the exhibitors were delighted for the attention! I think we literally were the only video crew.

I learned that my round-neck shirt slightly muffled the audio going into my lapel microphone. Fortunately the audio of the interviewees was excellent.

3) I purchased full professional audio Sennheiser wireless receivers and the top-of-the-line Sennheiser lapel mics. It's a fantastic product which auto-pairs, auto-levels, and auto-noise cancels. They are XLR wireless receivers that go right into the two channel inputs on the Canon XA-50.

I spent a long time researching the microphone options for two person interviews, and camcorder options. I am a big believer that the right tools help immensely.Tinka and I were very happy with the mics, the camera and the tripod.

Because the hotel was not crowded for the show, I was able to create a private interview area in a closed section of the dining room for the Paul Paddock interview.

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
T.H.E Show ticket sales surpassed both 2019 and 2018! Imo THAT is a very good omen!!

And I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED your interviews - you picked three EXTREMELY interesting speakers to delve into, speakers that I am very glad to have learned more about. That MC Audiotech Forty-Ten has a lot of innovation going on, and I really like the designer's approach to combining multiple drivers which cover the upper frequency range. Imo THAT is the geometry to use, if you can. You see it sometimes in prosound but I don't recall seeing it done in home audio before.

Thank you and Tikka and Steve and Julian for producing this.

Thank you, Duke!

Reactions: Duke LeJeune

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Well done Ron, you are a natural in front of the camera. Keep 'em coming!

Thank you for those kind -- if greatly exaggerated -- words!

Reactions: jeff1225

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Cool Vid-You are a funny guy Ron :) --Kudos!--looking forward to the next instalment!

Just a quiet pointer--- maybe ease the "manspeading" a tad --:rolleyes:

I've attended 4 previous THE SHOWS--great to hear it was success for them in these trouble times

Carry on please!

BruceD

Thank you!

All critiques, comments and suggestions are very welcome! But what is "manspeading"?

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Fantastic start to doing this Ron. You ask good questions; your general knowledge of all the stuff out there really shows.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Fantastic start to doing this Ron. You ask good questions; your general knowledge of all the stuff out there really shows.

Thank you very much, Jeremy!

Re-tread

Mar 8, 2020
Nice interviews, Ron. Interesting and direct dialogue.

Duke LeJeune

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 22, 2013
Princeton, Texas
---

Last edited:
Reactions: jeff1225

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
You know, if that was me whose posture was in question, and you posted THAT image of me to make your point, I'd wonder whether you couldn't have couldn't have found a less, how shall I say this, "in your face" way to explain what you meant. So much for "Just a quiet pointer".

And your misspelling is probably why Ron didn't understand you in the first place.
Ah yes thank you Duke--post in haste repent at leisure-- get it right you goose--Moi!

"Manspreading"--it's in the Oxford dictionary :)

Removed the offending pic --Back to topic --sorry

BruceD

Last edited:

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Steve, Julian and I are delighted to release WBF's first video. We hope you like it!

Please post any questions or comments you may have about the T.H.E. Show 2021 video or about my interviews or about the loudspeakers I chose to highlight here on this thread.

Excellent thanks.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing