TAD D1000 Mk 2, to buy or not to buy

Stones1977

Nov 5, 2020
Hi TAD users,

I’m planning to replace my Naim source and pre (NDX2, NAC252, SC DR) with a TAD D1000. It will connect into my NAP300DR driving my TAD ME1s.

I do, as always, have a couple of reservations:
1) the D1000mk2 has been out for 6+ years, is it due an upgrade soon...
2) this damn clicking at the start of each new track while it calculates the codec...

are there any thoughts amongst fellow TAD fans on these two points?

thanks, Carl

knghifi

Dec 6, 2014
Hi TAD users,

I’m planning to replace my Naim source and pre (NDX2, NAC252, SC DR) with a TAD D1000. It will connect into my NAP300DR driving my TAD ME1s.

I do, as always, have a couple of reservations:
2) this damn clicking at the start of each new track while it calculates the codec...

are there any thoughts amongst fellow TAD fans on these two points?

thanks, Carl
If you like the sound and buy at fair price, go for it. It appears TAD releases new versions every decade and will be more expensive.

Reactions: Stones1977

Low325

May 2, 2021
To build an all TAD system, that is something i would like to do. :). Good luck!

octaviars

Mar 2, 2020

TAD is right now in the middle of upgrading the Reference series from 600 to 700 so I think a new D1000 is far away, TAD is not known for upgrading often. If there comes a new D1000 the old one will still be a great player/DAC.

This only happens if the track has different bit depth or resolution if you play a CD it will only happen at the first track. I dont mind the clicking in my D1000.

Stones1977

Nov 5, 2020
Thanks for the reply guys, D1000 on order, just waiting for it to get through customs, will hopefully arrive next week

Reactions: Low325

Low325

May 2, 2021
Thanks for the reply guys, D1000 on order, just waiting for it to get through customs, will hopefully arrive next week
Congrats. Please share your thoughts with photos!

Raker24

Jul 27, 2020
TAD just announced new versions of their D1000 DAC & SACD player

Stones1977

Nov 5, 2020
Hi, I looked at the forum for my next deliberation, and noticed a few people had asked for feedback following my last post about getting the TAD D1000mk2.

So firstly to answer that, it is amazing, totally blows the Naim system I had before away. The soundstage is so wider, richer, and more natural sounding. It’s amazing.

As such, I have now purchased a TAD M2500mk2, I need to find some interconnects now to connect them - then I can hear my new setup of TAD D1000mk2 > TAD M2500mk2 > TAD ME-1s.

Mim using Chord Sarum T speaker cableS, but can’t afford the Sarum XLR interconnect so need to find a cheaper alternative!

Reactions: tom539

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing