TAD Evolution One TX

philoouu

Dec 14, 2012
I have listened to the TAD-E1TX-K recently next to the B&W 802D and the new SabrinaX. Among those 3, I found the best mix with the TAD between musicality and details.
They are on my short list.
There are not many reviews and comments from users, I was wondering why.
Also before making a final choice, I would like to compare them against the new Magico A5 as they seem to be in the same category.
Any advice or comment ?
Thanks

Bretson

Jun 28, 2020
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
Hi Philoouu,

I have owned my magico a5's for the entire summer hooked to my main rig waiting for them to offer similar sound to my TAD Evo 1's. They have opened up considerably but in overall clarity, resolution, extension, enjoyment, they simply do not compare. My original TAD EVO 1's still trounce them in every category.

PS, i am waiting for my a5's to sound even as good as the a3's, (i bought both new from a dealer). The caveat should be here that both the a5 and a3 are much better than the s1 mkii which i also owned. I do love the magicos but they miss some magic of other speakers i have owned. These include: NOLA KO2, Von Schweikert Unifield, Revel Salon 2.

There is magic to be had with the a5's but in general you need to pump them for them to sound their best, In contrast the TAD's will sound very beautiful at all volumes. They will play so nice however, you will find yourself playing them so loudly that others may complain even though you may not notice. It is a pristine experience.

philoouu

Dec 14, 2012
Hi Bretson

Thanks for your comment. I did not get a chance to listen to the Magico A5 yet.
Will you go back to your TAD speakers Evolution1 TAD-E1TX-K?

TAD-E1TX-K are sold with spikes and cones included so no need to buy Apods or something equivalent on top of it. I just realized that.

Last edited:

philoouu

Dec 14, 2012
@Bretson
You answered on the speaker part of this forum. Looks like you have made your decision. Thanks for your review. I am still waiting to listen to the A5. Finally how would you compare these 2 speakers?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing