TAD R1 Mk2 vs TAD R1tx

Smokin' Joe

Jun 6, 2012
Melbourne, Australia.
Has anyone been lucky enough to compare the two? Is there a significant difference if at all???

Avidlistener

Feb 18, 2013
I could be wrong but I thought TX was purely a cosmetic upgrade.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Has anyone been lucky enough to compare the two? Is there a significant difference if at all???

Just buy one Joe and tell us if any difference. ;) The new burl wood swirl is pretty.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
i am not sure but the crossover at 250hz changed in TX model

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
  • Haha
Reactions: Smokin' Joe

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
All I could find

I saw them in person in Munich 2019; the European representative told me the crossover changed as pointed out above and that the front baffle was made more stiff as well as the new finish option being added but that's all I remember. He went on to say in a somewhat indirect way that sonically the Mk2 and Mk3 (the Tx) were close sonically.

RdW

Apr 8, 2018
Netherlands
I saw them in person in Munich 2019; the European representative told me the crossover changed as pointed out above and that the front baffle was made more stiff as well as the new finish option being added but that's all I remember. He went on to say in a somewhat indirect way that sonically the Mk2 and Mk3 (the Tx) were close sonically.
Has pricing been discussed. I own the CR-1 MK2 version before the TX and saw the price almost doubled..... There must be a significant improvement one would think?

Smokin' Joe

Jun 6, 2012
Melbourne, Australia.

Selling my new TAD R1 tx and going down the Rockport trail. Price in AUD.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com

Selling my new TAD R1 tx and going down the Rockport trail. Price in AUD.
before selling any loudspeaker you should try to get good sound from it. I am sure if you can not get good sound from TAD then you will not get good sound from any other loudspeaker.
TAD R1TX needs mid to large size room, side walls should be 2m away from speakers it means the width should be longer than 7m (2+3+2).
the ideal room size is 8m (W) x 13m (L) .
TAD R1TX will shine with TAD M700 monoblocks not other ss or tube amplifiers.
the perfect match will be TAD D700/C600/M700 for R1TX.
check all AC polarity be positive and use Skogrand Cables.
use no AC filter, no tweak no tune.
for vibration use wellfloat boards.

spend over 200 hours for speaker placement using bob method : https://www.myspeakersetup.com/

Smokin' Joe

Jun 6, 2012
Melbourne, Australia.
I’ve had 4 pairs of TAD R1 speakers in my time, 2 pairs of Mk2 and this is my second pair of tx. I’m well aware what they can do and how to get good sound from them. The first pair I demo’d (and purchased) from Sydney Hifi were in a room that was only 4x5 meters and they sounded amazing. I’ve had my time with TAD and their speakers and now after 8 years I’m moving on.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing