TAD R1TX speakers and M700 monos at Tokyo International Audio Show 2019

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
My friend TLi has flied to Tokyo to attend the Tokyo International Audio Show 2019 (TIAS) on 22-24 Nov.

TAD is debuting their new R1TX-BR and new M700 monoblocks at this TIAS 2019.

Thomas said that they gave a very authoritative sound despite the room was crowded with Japanese audiophiles.

IMG-20191122-WA0034~2.jpg

Last edited:

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
They used two C600 preamplifier for better sound ,
Do you know why?

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Using only one channel of the two C600 preamps?
Similar to L1 Mono of CH Precision, crosstalk becomes zero and the powersupplies work less hard.

Reactions: Amir

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Using only one channel of the two C600 preamps?
Similar to L1 Mono of CH Precision, crosstalk becomes zero and the powersupplies work less hard.
left channel connected to one C600 and the right channel connected to another C600.
i guess two C600 will remove ground loop between CDplayer and pre if i am not mistaken.
if you check back of TAD D600/C600/M700 you will see all the ground pin of AC Plugs are lifted . lifted ground pin will remove any ground loop between ac cables.
TAD electronics are fully balanced and you can use them without connecting to ground

PGA

Dec 29, 2013
This is ridiculous. A properly designed pre-amp, and we should expect no less from TAD, should have totally inaudible cross talk and a power supply that is robust enough to easily handle two channels, if not a dual mono power supply. None of this is beyond what's been possible technologically for decades.

Last edited:
Reactions: ozy and bazelio

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
This is ridiculous. A properly designed pre-amp, and we should expect no less from TAD, should have totally inaudible cross talk and a power supply that is robust enough to easily handle two channels, if not a dual mono power supply. None of this is beyond what's been possible technologically for decades.
PGA
The measurement shows the crosstalk is low :

"As expected from its physically dual-mono construction, the C600's channel separation was superb, at >130dB below 4kHz (not shown). The noise floor (fig.2) was also very low, and free from any power-supply–related spuriae.
John Atkinson"

TAC C600 power supply is big and very dynamic.

I do not exactly why two C600 is better than one

Reactions: bazelio

PGA

Dec 29, 2013
Perhaps there is a great explanation for why TAD would use two internally dual mono pre-amps, but I'm really scratching my head thinking how/why this would improve the system. If anything, with two preamps one needs to worry about having both of them at the same volume level and making sure they are of the same vintage as part variations and updates can impact how a product sounds over time. More importantly, assuming there is not a great explanation (unfair as that may be), it's just a shame to see this hobby migrate to a view that throwing more money at manufacturers and dealers is how one improves systems.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
back of TAD C600 has a sync cable for volume control

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing