Taiko Audio Daiza platforms.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Thanks to all the positive reviews here on WBF and my desire to elevate the sound quality of both the Aqua Formula XHD and the SGM2015 I purchased two of the standard sized Daiza platforms which arrived today. Packaging was superb and both units arrived in perfect condition.

The photos show the top and underside view with the spiral cutout and the 3 foam inserts. Sturdy feet are supplied and you can see from the photo that these also have foam inserts. Neither inserts are to be removed.

I will post listening comments after a few days once I get a handle on what they contribute to the overall system sound.
Initially I’ll listen with one under the Aqua, then I’ll install the second under the SGM2015. You may notice I’m using Arya Audio RevOpods inverted under the Aqua to give a ‘tighter’ connection to the platform. I intend to try the RevOpods under the SGM after listening with its stock feet. EC7342BD-F3E5-4708-9DAF-9732BC21F76E.jpeg 788BEFD6-AEDB-4A28-BFA6-D0B8CA0AFC67.jpeg 2D29228E-B051-427B-ACF8-128DFC8CA742.jpeg 6FD045A6-3240-4805-A233-BA835985DC2B.jpeg 4D938678-1931-45FA-A6C3-186B7DF80456.jpeg

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
i have 18 Dazia platforms in my system under every piece in my signal path plus under my Tripoint grounding boxes. i enjoy how they compliment the music.

i look forward to your feedback.

Reactions: Taiko Audio

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Sorry if I should know, but why are you using Arya feet upside down? And would you mind comparing Aqua on Daiza with stock feet vs Aqua on Daiza with Aryas? For the curious...

Enjoy.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Sorry if I should know, but why are you using Arya feet upside down? And would you mind comparing Aqua on Daiza with stock feet vs Aqua on Daiza with Aryas? For the curious...

Enjoy.
Hi Bazelio,
I’d previously tried the RevOpods under the Aqua and found in my system that orientation did change the sound. The upside down state gave a more linear response than ‘correct’ way which I found to be midrange focussed. So I’m trying upside down first on the Daiza. Taiko suggests to bypass the Aqua ‘squidgy’ feet with something that couples better to the Daiza to drain away vibrations from the DAC.
Let me get acquainted with the platforms after they settle in and I’ll report back my findings.

Cheers
Blue58

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Yeah, that's why I asked for a compare with and without the Arya feet... to couple to the Daiza, instead of decouple. :)

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Looking forward to Barry’s impressions. Daiza is the absolute no brainer product imho. Tremendous value.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
If I got them, should I pop them under my monoblocks, and move my existing Symposium ampstands to streamer and dac duties?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
i have 18 Dazia platforms in my system under every piece in my signal path plus under my Tripoint grounding boxes. i enjoy how they compliment the music.

i look forward to your feedback.

That's pretty funny Mike. I just counted all of my Daiza platforms and I have exactly 18 as well:)

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
If I got them, should I pop them under my monoblocks, and move my existing Symposium ampstands to streamer and dac duties?

The only way to tell where they work best is to try. They significantly reduce vibration induced distortion in your components. For this to work the component should be rigidly coupled to the platform. Picture it as a "vibration sink". Meaning compliant or "damping" footers will be counter productive as those will prevent this mode of action. I just looked up the RevOpods and I'm reading: "elastomeric disc", this would be counter productive as we want to move energy out of the device rather then contain it inside.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
The only way to tell where they work best is to try. They significantly reduce vibration induced distortion in your components. For this to work the component should be rigidly coupled to the platform. Picture it as a "vibration sink". Meaning compliant or "damping" footers will be counter productive as those will prevent this mode of action. I just looked up the RevOpods and I'm reading: "elastomeric disc", this would be counter productive as we want to move energy out of the device rather then contain it inside.
Duly noted, I’ll remove the RevOpods today and ascertain the difference.

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
Is daiza platform suitable for artesania rack? There are already isolation discs.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Yesterday I had the RevOpods under the Aqua Formula and my initial thoughts were, ‘this isn’t right’. I was prepared to try them in their correct orientation today but thankfully Emile intervened, slapped my wrist, ‘naughty boy!, and told me to use something that couples the Aqua to the platform and creates a pathway for vibrations to be sunk into the Daiza platform.

I rummaged through my box of bits and came across some BDR cones and a set of Aurios. Both are hard footers, ie. no soft elastomeric material in them and today I started with the BDR cones in place of the RevOpods. Phew! What a relief to hear a significant improvement in sound quality. Tight bass, much clearer than before, and a clarity one hears only when noise is removed. So step up and smiles all around.

Now, I thought why not try the Aurios as a compare. Would you believe the Aurios are shorter than the feet of the Aqua. Another rummage and I found some buttons made of coconut shell that are the exact same diameter as the Aurios and just add enough clearance when topped on the Aurios.

I honestly can’t tell the difference between the two footer options so I’ve left the Aurios in place as I really need the BDR cones for the mono-block amps when I add another two Daiza platforms.

So lesson learnt, believe teacher, and don’t try to outsmart the boss.

Tomorrow I’ll place the second Daiza under SGM2015 and stick with its stock feet.

More comments to come and RevOpods will probably be sold.

Blue58

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore

What is the better way to couple the component to the platform?

Correct me if I am wrong, does this mean that it is not advisable to use majority of aftermarket footers as there is some sort of decoupling feature? Thanks

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
What is the better way to couple the component to the platform?

Correct me if I am wrong, does this mean that it is not advisable to use majority of aftermarket footers as there is some sort of decoupling feature? Thanks
Yes, anything that has some sort of absorbing material within the footer stops the vibrations from the source moving into the platform. It’s almost opposite to standard way of thinking, the vibrations within a component are more insidious than those external is how to imagine it.

Hard coupling to the platform is the way to go and I think Emile may be developing some perfect footers.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Barry, you were never totally sold on the Revopods, unlike my 100% positive experience under my Zus.

Ironically, my Zus mate to stock Panzerholz via Revopods, thence to Symposium Svelte Shelves, to the floor, and they've never sounded better.

But w the Daiza loveliness built into Panzerholz, obv the same might not apply.

Reactions: dakabali

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Yes, anything that has some sort of absorbing material within the footer stops the vibrations from the source moving into the platform. It’s almost opposite to standard way of thinking, the vibrations within a component are more insidious than those external is how to imagine it.

Hard coupling to the platform is the way to go and I think Emile may be developing some perfect footers.

i think there are different ideal approaches for vertical and horizontal resonance attenuation. the Dazia with it's footers and pads seems to nail the vertical. in my case, for the horizontal i use the dual ball bearing Stay HiFi Trinia's on top of the Dazia's. i like what i hear from this combo. and they don't change tonality. just improve musical nuance and focus. the music has more energy and is more real.

but if Emile can come up with an improvement (or more cost effective alternative) for the Trinia for the horizontal then all the better.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing