Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
In Korea, W20SE vs SGM Extreme comparison test was finished.

10 Korean audiophiles all said SGM Extreme quality is absolutely higher.

W20SE is much more than W20, but there is big difference with two music servers.

By this movies, interest about W20SE was decreased critically

and SGM Extreme awareness is much more higher.

I think to make W30 will be very difficult.

These members final opinions are that Aurender's reputation will be lost more and more.

Actually this comparison is meaningless I think.

Enjoy it~!

https://cafe.naver.com/hifikorea/98121
Hello Esotar,
I guess only you could do such a shootout.
There isn't any W20SE in Hong Kong yet.
:oops:

Reactions: Taiko Audio

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Hello Esotar,
I guess only you could do such a shootout.
There isn't any W20SE in Hong Kong yet.
:oops:

Really?

Ask me if you have questions~!!!

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
I want to know Aurender HK distributor.

austinpop

May 23, 2017
Austin, TX
Thank you and welcome to the What's Best Forum. If you are the same Austinpop as on the Audiophilestyle Forum I would characterize your efforts as beyond modest. One of the driving forces moving the technology forward would be more appropriate.

Yes I am, and thanks for the kind words. I am of course very intrigued at how you've managed to wean yourself off of XO clocks, although I do have my suspicions. ;) Every step forward I take reinforces the notion that clean power/PSUs and low phase noise system clocks are 2 sides of the same coin, or 2 ways of solving the same intrinsic problem!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Really?
Ask me if you have questions~!!!
No more question and no more interest on it.
Thanks for doing the shootout with Korean audiophiles!
:)

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
Esotar,

It would be interesting that you really need the best clock available added to shootout vs the clockless Extreme.

Have you done any music services streaming comparison?

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Yes I am, and thanks for the kind words. I am of course very intrigued at how you've managed to wean yourself off of XO clocks, although I do have my suspicions. ;) Every step forward I take reinforces the notion that clean power/PSUs and low phase noise system clocks are 2 sides of the same coin, or 2 ways of solving the same intrinsic problem!

In the end it is all about "noise management". :)

Reactions: austinpop

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Esotar,

It would be interesting that you really need the best clock available added to shootout vs the clockless Extreme.

Have you done any music services streaming comparison?

I have Extreme and EVO.

This comparison is needed Emile's permission.

Emile, can I make Extreme and EVO comparison movies???

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
No more question and no more interest on it.
Thanks for doing the shootout with Korean audiophiles!
:)

Almost Korean audiophiles said SGM Extreme is the best choice.

The audiophile who made that movies will order SGM Extreme and sell W20SE.

It seems to make the rule [[Music Sever = SGM Extreme]]

Reactions: CKKeung

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
Esotar, if you could....

Extreme v Evo v Aurender with clock

Aes -Aes -Aes

Usb -Usb - Usb

Only you can do this in the World!

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Esotar, if you could....

Extreme v Evo v Aurender with clock

Aes -Aes -Aes

Usb -Usb - Usb

Only you can do this in the World!

Sorry, my Extreme has no AES/EBU option and I never use external master clock generator.

WBF members are richer than me.

I'm Korean. Very very poor country.

Only one thing I can do is Extreme vs EVO vs W20SE making movies by USB cable.

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
We dont even have any dealer in my country, let alone having an Extreme and Evo side by side to compare before making such a big purchase:cool:

We await and appreciate very much your videos.

WilsonDaDa

Apr 10, 2019
From my experience so far, the SFP modules are the single most influential components of a fiber network setup. Second is the server side SFP network card, third place goes to the switch / fmc.

The Startech 1G 1550nm SM 80km modules continue to give me the best midrange density and least high frequency glare. 10G SFP+ modules are so far all considerable brighter sounding. You can use these at 1G speeds and they still have this brighter signature. I have ordered several more (exotic) 10G SFP+ modules in an attempt to find a module with a satisfying tonal balance. There is a benefit to be had from running 10G network speeds, resolution is higher, and interestingly it reduces the delta between Qobuz and Tidal playback quality.

Thanks for the sharing and advice again. Interested in trying 10G SFP+. Maybe have a try later.
Or get another pair of Startech to connect the FMC and switch.

Kris

Mar 4, 2019
We dont even have any dealer in my country, let alone having an Extreme and Evo side by side to compare before making such a big purchase:cool:

We await and appreciate very much your videos.

How do you get any conclusions from this videos?
I tried to check and hear no difference between them on the tablet.
Should I connect the video audio to my system ?
How do you hear if this is better or not ?

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
How do you get any conclusions from this videos?
I tried to check and hear no difference between them on the tablet.
Should I connect the video audio to my system ?
How do you hear if this is better or not ?

I agree.

But there is no way to make comparison data.

HI FI show is more meaningless I think.

Space, components, cables, and etc. All audiophiles system is different to the show room.

In this case, I don't know for many audiophiles to get what infos.

Only one thing to know SGM Extreme quality is experience service.

I'm borrowing my Extreme to Korean audiophiles.

This is the best way, but I can't borrow Extreme to WBF members.

So I'm doing meaningless works.

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
I had some pleasing feedback from a customer who just took delivery of his Extreme earlier this week. Understandably there is plenty more to come once the settings are optimised for his dac (TotalDac12 mk2) and the unit burns in.

Arrived home early and could not wait to begin set-up of the Extreme. I could not go to sleep knowing the Extreme is sitting there and waiting to be installed. I hope I did not do anything wrong but I have it up and running and sounding magnificent. I have been up all night listening, a real adrenaline rush to hear that digital can be reproduced with this kind of depth, height and separation...but most of all the lack of glare/edge that has so defined digital. This is quite an accomplishment!

Kris

Mar 4, 2019
I had some pleasing feedback from a customer who just took delivery of his Extreme earlier this week. Understandably there is plenty more to come once the settings are optimised for his dac (TotalDac12 mk2) and the unit burns in.

Arrived home early and could not wait to begin set-up of the Extreme. I could not go to sleep knowing the Extreme is sitting there and waiting to be installed. I hope I did not do anything wrong but I have it up and running and sounding magnificent. I have been up all night listening, a real adrenaline rush to hear that digital can be reproduced with this kind of depth, height and separation...but most of all the lack of glare/edge that has so defined digital. This is quite an accomplishment!

I am curious what you will decide in regards to your server and DAC ?
I know you planned to add extreme and exchange DAC some time ago.
It looks like totalDAC Twelve / Twentyfour and Taiko Extreme are perfect companion....

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
I am curious what you will decide in regards to your server and DAC ?
I know you planned to add extreme and exchange DAC some time ago.
It looks like totalDAC Twelve / Twentyfour and Taiko Extreme are perfect companion....

Hi Kris, my Extreme is on order and TotalDac would be lovely but I want a single box solution and they are a minimum of 3 chassis given separate reclocker and external psu.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing