Jpowell

Dec 23, 2011

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
I have around 3500 albuns.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
My Roon takes about 2-3 seconds to locate the core and then begin to populate albums (About 7500) it can be a bit annoying especially if your iPad is constantly switching off.

Kris

Mar 4, 2019
I wanted to ask Emile and the Extreme users what settings they use in their Thusycon USB Audio driver.
Specyfically do you have selected in the Thusycon :

Always On
OR
Power saving

I just experimented with this and wanted to confirm what is your preference or what is best / defult ?

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
Is there anybody who doesn't like the latest Roon update (build 537)?

As far as response via iPad I noted a small uptick in speed to populate screens and do searches (after the first search, which still remains slow). Two higher-power MacBookPros also seem speedier. This is with a library size of around 6200 albums/77000 tracks.

As far as sound quality, I'm not sure. I thought last night's session was a little more incisive and sometimes a little edgier than what I had been hearing prior to build 537. But that could have been me or the fact that I was primarily spinning vinyl last night.

Steve Z

onlychild

Sep 18, 2019
So when u open your iPAD and select Roon the screen is already populated?

There were times I had to wait, maybe 5-10 seconds, with the Innuos Statement. Also, had slow downs at times when scrolling through albums after they loaded.

With the Extreme, it has been instant since day one, zero lag at all times.

3000+ albums.

What setting is the "Memory for Photos/Artwork" set at in Roon? I'm currently at 1536MB.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
As far as sound quality, I'm not sure. I thought last night's session was a little more incisive and sometimes a little edgier than what I had been hearing prior to build 537. But that could have been me or the fact that I was primarily spinning vinyl last night.

Steve Z

Would you be willing to try an alternative configuration? I do share that experience with you so I have spend some time working on it today.

Reactions: oldmustang

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Is there anybody who doesn't like the latest Roon update (build 537)?

I agree with you. I don't think it's an across the board improvement, particularly in the sub 30Hz region. Extension is good but transient rise and fall is very very slightly inferior to what I experienced with the penultimate build. I might be willing to give it the benefit of doubt in the 3-5KHz range however. Of course I can't do an A/B and audio memory is particularly suspect after 7 seconds as we know, but still, it has me wondering.... I'll continue to listen to additional material to try and refine my impressions. But I'm not convinced its a slam dunk improvement. Finally, this is on an Innuous, not a Taiko so I have no idea if that's relevant to what you have found..

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
Would you be willing to try an alternative configuration? I do share that experience with you so I have spend some time working on it today.

Absolutely, Emile. I'd be happy to try something new. Thanks very much (I thought maybe it was just me).

Steve Z

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing