Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

wil

Jul 22, 2015
Hi Esotar,

I could hear the difference over my laptop's tiny speakers, but when I plugged in a Chord Mojo and a pair of decent but hardly top-end headphones -- Wow!

The TAS was very clear, articulate and much more reminiscent of what you would hear in a concert hall. The Roon version was like having a heavy, wet wool blanket thrown over your head.

Very stark comparison.

Thanks for sharing this.

Steve Z
Totally agree. But's it's interesting, by contrast, that in Blue88's video, the Roon version seemed to be more incisive and had more pop (with highly revealing AvantGardes).
Not saying the Roon was better. Mysteries...

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Totally agree. But's it's interesting, by contrast, that in Blue88's video, the Roon version seemed to be more incisive and had more pop (with highly revealing AvantGardes).
Not saying the Roon was better. Mysteries...
I would point out one thing that yes maybe you can tell this or that, BUT the in room listening experience is TOTALLY different.

Music with bass needs to be heard with the in room bass to be able to discern differences accurately throughout the frequency spectrum as the bass is the foundation for everything else.

I do the videos for fun and only by request anymore as I feel they can be misleading, but it is fun.

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Extreme/Roon - The Duke "Moondog"

Extreme/TAS - same track

Wow!!!!

Bob, super speed!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't hear them yet.

They will be perfect videos I'm sure.

In Korea, there are too many idiot audiophiles think

Roon 1.8 sound quality become very very deep and luxurious......

This is very very poor stupid idiot Korean audiophiles' thoughts.

Now [ROON READY] is not products' strong points no more.

There are many idiot worldwide audiophiles who say Roon is best,

but Korea is the worst no. 1 country.

This country clock was stopped at 2005.

Now it is [[[[[2021d]]]]].

Very small 1% my customers know this fact.

Bob, thanks you!

I really need them.

Can I use them in my site????

This fact must be informed.

Roon : $ 699.99

TAS : $ FREE (But only SGM users)

This is not Roon attack, and Roon knows it very well.

We have the right we can know the truth and the right to inform sound quality's this new order.

Emile and Edward requested to increase sound quality to Roon, but they didn't do that.

And TAS was born.

And New Order made.

I'm proud of two heroes.f

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Wow!!!!

I didn't hear them yet.

Bob, thanks you!

I really need them.

We have the right we can know the truth and the right to inform sound quality's this new order.

Emile and Edward requested to increase sound quality to Roon, but they didn't do that.

And TAS was born.

And New Order made.

Hi Esotar,

I made them for you, they are yours to do whatever you like. Not sure how big the difference is on the videos. In room it is night and day, but bass is so important and you don't get bass from the videos.

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
I would point out one thing that yes maybe you can tell this or that, BUT the in room listening experience is TOTALLY different.

Music with bass needs to be heard with the in room bass to be able to discern differences accurately throughout the frequency spectrum as the bass is the foundation for everything else.

I do the videos for fun and only by request anymore as I feel they can be misleading, but it is fun.

Bob,
did you use Roon 1.8?
Thanks

Matt

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Hi Esotar,

I made them for you, they are yours to do whatever you like. Not sure how big the difference is on the videos. In room it is night and day, but bass is so important and you don't get bass from the videos.

Don't worry!

Emile posted exact measured data.

And I notice serious differences at one from your good videos.

Thanks, Bob!

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Don't worry!

Emile posted exact measured data.

And I notice serious differences at one from your good videos.

Thanks, Bob!
Hi Matt,

Yes, 1.8.

Reactions: matthias

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013

TAS is much superior. Or rather I would say Roon is much worse. Roon is very closed in. Seems listening inside a small box.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
TAS is much superior. Or rather I would say Roon is much worse. Roon is very closed in. Seems listening inside a small box.
It's MUCH more evident in the room, but I agree even on the videos. The room is much more energized and open with TAS vs. Roon.

Reactions: oldmustang

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
It's MUCH more evident in the room, but I agree even on the videos. The room is much more energized and open with TAS vs. Roon.

You should post the videos without saying which is which and let people comment that way. (I am assuming you didn’t originally do that.)

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
You should post the videos without saying which is which and let people comment that way. (I am assuming you didn’t originally do that.)
Sorry, just not into it that much, did it as a favor for Esotar. I don't listen to Roon any longer and have no interest in trying to convince anyone of the differences using videos as the argument.

With in room actual live listening I would be glad to show the difference as it is startling.

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Wow!!!!

I didn't hear them yet.

Bob, thanks you!

I really need them.

And TAS was born.

And New Order made.

Could you please to stop writing “idiot” constantly?
Thanks....

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Something lost in translation?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
So here is a revelation I just discovered for all TAS beta users. .......

Tidal is totally functional again on my system. Everything is there. A few weeks ago shortly after Emile installed Tidal it disappeared a few days later presumably they were changing something. I don’t think Emile has done anything to fix the Tidal issue. Out of curiosity today I just hit the Tidal Icon and everything comes up and I can do full search and play everything

Is anyone else finding Tidal is functional again on TAS?

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
So here is a revelation I just discovered for all TAS beta users. .......

Tidal is totally functional again on my system. Everything is there. A few weeks ago shortly after Emile installed Tidal it disappeared a few days later presumably they were changing something. I don’t think Emile has done anything to fix the Tidal issue. Out of curiosity today I just hit the Tidal Icon and everything comes up and I can do full search and play everything

Is anyone else finding Tidal is functional again on TAS?
Although the Tidal plug-in is check-marked as active in Server Settings, the Tidal page doesn't show up in the overall list of Server Settings items, so there is no way I can put in my log-in ID and password for Tidal.

Yours may work Steve because Emile enabled it for testing for you, but from TAS beta I don't see any way to log into Tidal on my installation.

Steve Z

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Although the Tidal plug-in is check-marked as active in Server Settings, the Tidal page doesn't show up in the overall list of Server Settings items, so there is no way I can put in my log-in ID and password for Tidal.

Yours may work Steve because Emile enabled it for testing for you, but from TAS beta I don't see any way to log into Tidal on my installation.

Steve

From the TAS manual Pg. 19

To add your Tidal account credentials - go to mysqueezebox.com
Open a browser on any device and navigate to
www.mysqueezebox.com
1. Click on Login and enter the email address
which is the serial number of your Extreme
nnnnn@my.taikoaudio.com
page20image58382224
  1. Enter password pass4nnnnn$
  2. Tapon[Login]

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
From the TAS manual Pg. 19
Thanks, Bob. I guess I should go back and actually read the manual!

Tried it and was able to log in to my account, added the Tidal app and logged into my Tidal account. Not seeing anything different yet with the TAS app. . . maybe restart TAS?

Steve

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Thanks, Bob. I guess I should go back and actually read the manual!

Tried it and was able to log in to my account, added the Tidal app and logged into my Tidal account. Not seeing anything different yet with the TAS app. . . maybe restart TAS?

Steve
On the TAS home page, one or two icons down under Qobuz it says Apps, click on Apps and Tidal should show up.

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
Nope. All that shows up in Apps on the TAS home page is Qobuz. I did try a restart of TAS, as well.

If I can find where on my laptop I stashed the latest TAS manual pdf I'll read it and try to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I appreciate your assistance.

Steve z

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing