Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
Thank you sir! Will give that a try later today and revert back

you don't need the TAS app to find this parameter.

go to (insert your IP address assigned to your extreme)

ctrl-E takes you to server settings (or select from 3 dot menu at upper right)
change 'basic settings" to "performance" from drop down menu
size of playlist is at the bottom

Reactions: EuroDriver

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
Update from Oldenzaal and Toronto

Yesterday, after a few days of tuning and testing, Wilson and Emile pulled the new bunny out of the software hat

TASlite, the LMS server-less evolution of TAS

The takeaways are
- further uplift of sound quality
- faster commencement of track start

There is still a huge amount of work to be done, but we now have a solid SQ sonic foundation to build on. As Wilson and Emile develop the pieces, we will test at each step that the SQ does not take a dip

Skanda

May 2, 2020
@Skanda.

Is this what you mean?
See bottom of screenshot.
Mine is set to 500.
If I add new tracks, the ones at the start of the queue get deleted automatically.
I have not tried but a setting of 0 should give an unlimited playlist length.

G
View attachment 77452

thanks for this - was able to get it updated today. rebooted the extreme after setting it to 0. it's still sitting at 537 items but i will see if it updates in a couple days. roon usually took forever to add new tracks so probably something to do with the tidal api

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Quirks with TAS iOS app on iPhone

I am curious if anyone has noticed that on the iPhone TAS app not all albums show up. When I compare all the albums I have on the iPad app to those on the iPhone app there are many albums which are dropped from the iPhone app display. I don't know if this is a formatting issue or something else.

Here are some screen shots from just earlier:

iPad.jpg

iPhone.jpg

Notice how all the concerts between 8/5/71 and 10/21/71 are missing from the iphone view?

Should I sent this information to the support email address?

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco

I am curious if anyone has noticed that on the iPhone TAS app not all albums show up. When I compare all the albums I have on the iPad app to those on the iPhone app there are many albums which are dropped from the iPhone app display. I don't know if this is a formatting issue or something else.

View attachment 77478

View attachment 77479

Notice how all the concerts between 8/5/71 and 10/21/71 are missing from the iphone view?

This information would be good to feedback via test flight.

Have you tried a fresh library rescan with the option "clear library and rescan everything"

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
This information would be good to feedback via test flight.

Have you tried a fresh library rescan with the option "clear library and rescan everything"

I haven’t and I will do that but both apps are pulling from the same database, right?

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
Taiko Team, any update on when the Mac version of TAS will be released? Thanks
The new MAC's with the M1 processor and the Big Sur OS are able to run iPhone / iPad Apps

So before we have ported the Taiko App to MAC, we are suggesting to implement this option or to install Xcode on your Mac, and then Xcode can run a iPhone or iPad App in simulation.

Another option is to access the TAS/LMS webserver using a Chrole browser and typing in the address
http://192.168.0.59:9000/material/ where 192.168.0.59 is replaced by the actual ip address of the Extreme

From this Chrome Browser interface you can select music, select, start and stop tracks

You will not be able to switch from serial to batch or access the System Settings. That can only be done from the iOS and Android Apps

Last edited:
Reactions: onlychild

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
I haven’t and I will do that but both apps are pulling from the same database, right?
Sorry, I miss read your post to mean that the albums disappeared over time and not across devices.

The iPhone and iPad are getting webpage content from the same webserver accessing from the same database. So it would appear to be a webpage device display scaling problem.

Try tapping the curly arrow on the top right of the screen, that will refresh the browser display

Another thing to try is having your iPhone in landscape orientation which might help.

If the problem persists, I will write a post to the author of the Materials interface to let him know

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Sorry, I miss read your post to mean that the albums disappeared over time and not across devices.

The iPhone and iPad are getting webpage content from the same webserver accessing from the same database. So it would appear to be a webpage device display scaling problem.

Try tapping the curly arrow on the top right of the screen, that will refresh the browser display

Another thing to try is having your iPhone in landscape orientation which might help.

If the problem persists, I will write a post to the author of the Materials interface to let him know

I tried refreshing the iPhone view but it doesn’t change. Something is happening when it takes all the album information and generates the screen view. If I search for one of the missing albums the app finds it so this is clearly a display issue.

I sent 2 feedback comments to Test Flight. You can only send 1 screenshot at a time so I needed to send both separately.

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF

View attachment 77478

View attachment 77479

on the bright side, at least 4-29-71 is still there!
:cool:
that would be really hard to handle

Last edited:
Reactions: Esotar and dminches

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
on the bright side, at least 4-29-71 is still there!
:cool:
that would be really hard to handle
I just got Winterland 77, Winterland 73, Syracuse 10/27/71 and '69 Fillmore over the last few months. So far Winterland 77 is my favorite.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I just got Winterland 77, Winterland 73, Syracuse 10/27/71 and '69 Fillmore over the last few months. So far Winterland 77 is my favorite.

You must not have listened to 11/11/73 closely! That Dark Star is one of the best of the year.

The 3 Winterland ‘77 shows are very good as well.

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
‘77 was one of the peak years for the Grateful Dead (and the Jerry Garcia Band). I was lucky enough to be stationed in the Navy in Vallejo CA in those years and the music in those small venues and ballrooms was deservedly legendary.

Steve

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
You must not have listened to 11/11/73 closely! That Dark Star is one of the best of the year.

The 3 Winterland ‘77 shows are very good as well.
Everyone says that and while I appreciate Dark Star...I have to say that I vastly prefer their relatively more 'straight up' music in '77. That said, I also have Ithaca which some rankings have listed as the greatest of the greats...and I was never blown away by it...but now it is growing on me. I think it is a very solid album...but still prefer Winterland 77

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
‘77 was one of the peak years for the Grateful Dead (and the Jerry Garcia Band). I was lucky enough to be stationed in the Navy in Vallejo CA in those years and the music in those small venues and ballrooms was deservedly legendary.

Steve
Wow! Quite cool. It took a serious amount of time to find these at reasonable prices...Amazon is out of control on some of these prices even if they are 10-14 discs. Some people wanted USD$750 - 1000 for the Winterland 77!

dminches

Oct 22, 2011

Steve

Tomorrow is the 44th anniversary of my first show, 4/30/77. Yesterday I hung out with my childhood friend for the first time in 18 months. We went to this show together and listened to it again yesterday.

Reactions: iain and EuroDriver

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Everyone says that and while I appreciate Dark Star...I have to say that I vastly prefer their relatively more 'straight up' music in '77. That said, I also have Ithaca which some rankings have listed as the greatest of the greats...and I was never blown away by it...but now it is growing on me. I think it is a very solid album...but still prefer Winterland 77

‘77 is a really solid year. 5/8/77 isn’t the best show of the year but it is a good one.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I've been at one Grateful Dead concert in my life and that was early 70's

It was in a huge tent in Toronto.

They started playing around 9:00 and were still playing what seemed to be their 4th song by 0130 the next morning,. They almost had to carry me out as "the warm smell of colitis rising up into the air"had me paralyzed. Truly it seemed as if they were only on their 4th song by 0130 but that was my first and only experience as a Dead Head

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I've been at one Grateful Dead concert in my life and that was early 70's

It was in a huge tent in Toronto.

They started playing around 9:00 and were still playing what seemed to be their 4th song by 0130 the next morning,. They almost had to carry me out as "the warm smell of colitis rising up into the air"had me paralyzed. Truly it seemed as if they were only on their 4th song by 0130 but that was my first and only experience as a Dead Head

Sounds like you went to Coronation Park in June 1970.

Reactions: rbbert

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing