Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
On a side-note, from my limited experience it's a nearly 100% rule in R&D that you get to the point of pulling your hairs out and throwing out the towel and suddenly finding the missing piece of the jigsaw, tough life for the braves living on the bleeding tech edge! :)

I can only imagine the amount of hair pulling you must have done in your field of expertise!

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX

What manufacturer do you know other than Taiko that has such dedication. What I see evolving is a well deserved successful business for Taiko and all of us here have all been beta users. So I say hold on and enjoy the ride. Streaming in TAS is darn close to the same digital files I have stored in my Library and that’s quite a feat. IMO
From my perspective (and likely most others into computer - based audio) the support sounds commensurate with the product price. Would you expect sub - par support from Porsche? This is not to discredit Taiko as someday I might even buy an Extreme, more of a reality check. Net - you didn't buy a $200 NUC. ;-)

Also, glad to hear from folks on this thread what I've been preaching for years - digital has come a long way and $ for $ is the best sound source available with the exception of extreme source prices. And that will also change over time. Happy Listening!

Raker24

Jul 27, 2020
It has 1 SFP (fiber) and 2 rj45 (copper) ports. You can go fiber in copper out, copper in fiber out, or copper in copper out. The last one being my personal preference.
What is the speed of the copper ports, 1 Gb or less?

Raker24

Jul 27, 2020
Separate power supply?
When will it be ready for sale?

Raker24

Jul 27, 2020
Looking forward!

cmarin

VIP/Donor
Jul 16, 2011
Texas
Internal power supply. Availability is unknown right now due to the current nightmare surrounding parts shortages. We're in the parts sourcing stage.
Hi Emile,

Please add me to “the list” to purchase as soon as available!

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Available to only Extreme owners?

This we could consider to supply to non Extreme owners, it would lower the retail price to produce them in larger qty. The first batch(es) will likely be purchased by Extreme owners who will naturally be prioritized. Due to the exclusivety of several parts this would never be able to scale to “mass” production though.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
This we could consider to supply to non Extreme owners, it would lower the retail price to produce them in larger qty. The first batch(es) will likely be purchased by Extreme owners who will naturally be prioritized. Due to the exclusivety of several parts this would never be able to scale to “mass” production though.
Sign me up for 100 units please......good to have a few in stock:)

StreamFidelity

Jun 30, 2020
Rostock, Germany
griggaudio.de
This we could consider to supply to non Extreme owners, it would lower the retail price to produce them in larger qty.
I am very interested in that. By the way, I use Taiko Audio 500W DC DC-ATX and I am very satisfied with it.

kswanson27

Nov 21, 2018
I said that if I were to ever use a switch in my system it would be one designed by Emile so with that said, as well as reading Ed’s first impressions , I’m all in as well
Me too. I might two.

Reactions: Taiko Audio

Markus87

Feb 10, 2021
Solothurn, Switzerland
Great achievement Emile and the whole team! Count me in as well!
As I am still optimizing my current setup... any chance you could share some - of course - rough measures of the switch so I can make sure I have enough space available?

Reactions: Taiko Audio

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Great achievement Emile and the whole team! Count me in as well!
As I am still optimizing my current setup... any chance you could share some - of course - rough measures of the switch so I can make sure I have enough space available?

We have not finalised that yet, it will be somewhat larger then usual. Perhaps around 120mm high, 360mm wide, 260-320mm deep.

Reactions: Alex G and Markus87

Alex G

Feb 1, 2021
California
As one of the newer Extreme owners here, and already blown away, count me in!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing