Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

jelt2359

Nov 17, 2020
Hi, I'm curious to know if there is anything that we could do as users to setup the XDMS? I have it installed but I'm unable to connect it to my server. Any thoughts or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I have this exact same issue. I'm very sure someone teamviewer-ed into my Extreme with the credentials I provided, but I can't connect to XDMS from the iPad app.

jelt2359

Nov 17, 2020
Yup, doesn't work. I can't find the XDMS app in the Extreme either, though

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Yup, doesn't work. I can't find the XDMS app in the Extreme either, though

The app is only on the tablet.

Did someone install XDMS on your extreme?

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
If XDMS is on his Extreme he needs to use control panel to connect to server

What is “control panel?” Do you mean the settings dialog box in the app?

Reactions: Steve Williams

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Yes. The little gear box icon at the top right of the app screen

My guess is that people have installed the app but do not yet have XDMS installed on their Extreme so they aren’t going to be able to connect to the server.

Reactions: ctydwn

cmarin

VIP/Donor
Jul 16, 2011
Texas
Q1: Is the DAC Settings menu fully active? I can’t seem to update the data bit depth, DSD mode, and USB profile for my DAC.

Q2: Can I update the USB profile by selecting/running the USB profile (USB1) on my extreme desktop? Or should I just leave it alone until the DAC settings menu becomes fully active?

Not complaining…just curious…the SQ
does continue to amaze!

Last edited:

CDub

Jan 23, 2018
My guess is that people have installed the app but do not yet have XDMS installed on their Extreme so they aren’t going to be able to connect to the server.
I think your correct. I think we need to have the app installed on the server. I know I haven't done that not have I had anyone one from Taiko do a TeamViewer as of yet. I think that's the missing piece at least for me. Thanks everyone for the clarification.

jelt2359

Nov 17, 2020
I think your correct. I think we need to have the app installed on the server. I know I haven't done that not have I had anyone one from Taiko do a TeamViewer as of yet. I think that's the missing piece at least for me. Thanks everyone for the clarification.
Yeah the difference for me is that someone did do a teamviewer...

Reactions: CDub

Christiaan Punter

Yeah the difference for me is that someone did do a teamviewer...
There is no app as such, not in the classical sense, for the XDMS installation on the server end. If XDMS is installed on an Extreme server, you will see an XDMS folder containing various files that pertain to the installation on the C: drive. In case of doubt following a remote login from the Taiko team, I advise checking with Edward.

Reactions: jelt2359 and CDub

Christiaan Punter

Q1: Is the DAC Settings menu fully active? I can’t seem to update the data bit depth, DSD mode, and USB profile for my DAC.

Q2: Can I update the USB profile by selecting/running the USB profile (USB1) on my extreme desktop? Or should I just leave it alone until the DAC settings menu becomes fully active?

Not complaining…just curious…the SQ
does continue to amaze!
For the most part (for making most settings), the DAC settings panel is not yet functional.

Reactions: cmarin

Christiaan Punter

Alex raises an excellent point. How do you prefer us to report bugs and feature requests, @EuroDriver and @Christiaan Punter ? Is posting here OK, or would you prefer them to flow through TestFlight?

I often forget that TestFlight does have a bug reporting feature!
I've been keeping up with the suggestions and bug reports in this thread, but ideally, we'd receive these Alpha-release-related comments via TestFlight.

Christiaan Punter

I don't disagree however I'm betting they are presently overwhelmed
Thanks, Steve, I'm still keeping up:) Ed, on the other hand, is currently very busy pulling all the strings.

Last edited:

CDub

Jan 23, 2018
There is no app as such, not in the classical sense, for the XDMS installation on the server end. If XDMS is installed on an Extreme server, you will see an XDMS folder containing various files that pertain to the installation on the C: drive. In case of doubt following a remote login from the Taiko team, I advise checking with Edward.
Thanks for the information Christiaan!

Hi Ed, anyway I could get setup to have the XDMS software installed on my Extrema server? Thanks

Bobofei86

Apr 11, 2021
Thanks Edward's great help and setup XDMS in my extreme on Sunday, it's such a jaw dropping improvement in my system, the stage became holographic and everything are 3 dimensional and coherent, especially the details in mid low frequency, the bass drum and snapping became so clear and easy to hear the touch now, Kudos to Taiko team effort to make this happen, i cant imagine how XDMS can further improve in the coming release, it's so surreal CAS can reproduce this quality

jelt2359

Nov 17, 2020
Thanks Christiaan for your help and quick response once again!

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I spoke to Ed yesterday about Qobuz which used to show on each album if it was hires or DSD. Now all I see is "High Lossless" and when played they show as 16/44.1

Ed says it is an API issue and that this will be resolved soon. I agree with dminches suggestions as well

Idagio BTW is well worth everyone having a look
I am interested in knowing more about Idagio. When he says that it is worth it, it is because of the quality of its sound or for other reasons, such as the breadth of the catalog…. etc.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I am interested in knowing more about Idagio. When he says that it is worth it, it is because of the quality of its sound or for other reasons, such as the breadth of the catalog…. etc.
so far I have enjoyed listening. Emile commented to me that they are all about classical music and apparently have rights to many of the original pressings which are not heard on other streaming services.

I find the sound needs slightly more volume than Qobuz or Tidal but so far I have been enjoying it

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing