Taipei International Audio & Art Show 12/17 - 12/20

mresseguie

Feb 26, 2016
Hello. The Taipei International Audio & Art Show begins in just 10 days. I am in Taiwan now, and I will attend the show on Saturday, the 18th.

I'm not a journalist, a v-blogger, or even a very good reporter of events such as this, but I'm happy to share photos and highlights of any rooms and gear that attract my attention. If there's anything you are especially interested in, I will try to look out for it and offer my impressions. Bear in mind that I'll be at the show for 6 or 7 hours, so don't expect extensive coverage. I attended this show last year and the year before. It is not a huge show, but there will be two floors mostly devoted to two-channel audio. I'm personally not very interested in the art rooms, so don't get your hopes up for commentary.

Link:

No. There will be no refrigerators, ovens, or microwaves nor other similar household appliances for sale. [Reference the fist link if you don't know why I said this.]

Regards,

Michael

mresseguie

Feb 26, 2016
Thank you for asking. I had a lot of fun listening to outrageously expensive speakers; chatting with various vendors, and seeing some old friends.

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

mresseguie

Feb 26, 2016
I found my <somewhat hastily> written comments on gear I found in the various rooms. I'll post a list of the gear and commentary later today or tomorrow.

mresseguie

Feb 26, 2016
First room I entered was the VAC Room. Signature 200iq mono-blocks, COS D1- DAC, Wilson-Benesch Discovery II speakers. The room was untreated. The music was 'ever so slightly' bright. Considering the price tags on the gear, the room was not inspiring.

2nd room: Soul Note Audio mono-block SS amps ($6000 USD), Amphion MTM tower speakers, D-2 DAC (9038 chip) ($7k+). Untreated room. Forward sounding.

3rd room: once again, no acoustic treatments. Lukang Audio Spoey 230FX floor standing speakers - a little forward sounding Navista CD player;

4th room: TAD Evolution One E1TX, TAD Monoblocks; heavily treated room I listened to three songs (didn't write them down) and got these impressions: 1st - too forward/raspy; 2nd song was a drum solo - tight bass; 3rd song - piano music excellent sounding

There are more impressions, but I'm out of time till mid-week. Sorry for the short descriptions. I wrote them hastily and no longer remember that day's events, so I must rely on what I wrote.

Last edited:

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
First room I entered was the VAC Room. Signature 200iq mono-blocks, COS D1- DAC, Wilson-Benesch Discovery II speakers. The room was untreated. The music was 'ever so slightly' bright. Considering the price tags on the gear, the room was not inspiring.

2nd room: Soul Note Audio mono-block SS amps ($6000 USD), Amphion MTM tower speakers, D-2 DAC (9038 chip) ($7k+). Untreated room. Forward sounding.

3rd room: once again, no acoustic treatments. Lukang Audio Spoey 230FX floor standing speakers - a little forward sounding Navista CD player;

4th room: TAD Evolution One E1TX, TAD Monoblocks; heavily treated room I listened to three songs (didn't write them down) and got these impressions: 1st - too forward/raspy; 2nd song was a drum solo - tight bass; 3rd song - piano music excellent sounding

There are more impressions, but I'm out of time till mid-week. Sorry for the short descriptions. I wrote them hastily and no longer remember that days events, so I must rely on what I wrote.
Hard to get good sound at show conditions.I am often disappointed in what I heard.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing