Taking vinyl to ridiculus extrem

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Older members can remember the introduction of the portable radio,tape cassette and cd. Now you can virtually get any song you desire over your smartphone.
You giuys are usually way ahead of me.
Perhaps you have heard of the Audio-Tecnica Sound-Burger. No they have not entered the fast food businness.
it is a battery operated portable turntable.

Sony also makes one
Pictures to follow.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I do have one on my desk right now. My first tt.

20191210_112610.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gregadd

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Mine is branded as Mister Disc. Same as the Sound Burger and also by Audio Technica. According to the web, when the Sound Burger was sold in the US it was rebranded as Mister Disc. I bought it maybe 3 decades ago when a local hifi store (Good Guys in the SF Bay Area IIRC) was going out of business. It was less than $100. I would bring it also when record hunting, and often the store would let me use it to see the quality of the used vinyl. One time the store didn't was when I found a Beatles White Album top loader in London - indicating an original pressing (for 150GBP in not great shape). Looked like a lot of scratches, so I wanted to check it out. When they didn't let me play it, I passed on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Disc

I still have the Mister Disc aka Sound Burger. Checked on ebay and people are selling these for several times what I paid for it.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: Gregadd

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Tang
My first TT was Pioneer PL 12,much better than your

My first TT when it comes will be better than your first TT

Reactions: Lagonda and gian60

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
I got rid of my turntable and vinyl years ago, but recently replaced it with a Victor II Gramophone like this:

Gramophone.jpg
Now it's Shellac records, not vinyl. I get to hear the originals from the orginal performers, like Sousa, Bing Crosby, Rudy Vallee, Enrico Caruso, Fanny Brice, Nat King Cole etc..

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Also your first dac GG1 was much better than my first dac DCS Elgar

My first dac was Rega, then audio research dac 8. GG1 will be my last for the foreseeable future, until something drastically changes in audio, which is rare

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
My first TT when it comes will be better than your first TT
Ha Hà Ked

when u finally get a turntable something better will have made it obsolete and governments will have banned as bad for the environment and collectors criminals of the state and vinyophiles locked in prisons for the criminally insane ;) pretty much based on your iPhone videos .....

you will turn states evidence to stay out of prison but name all the peoples places and stereos you have visited and they will be rounded up one by one and sent to gulags with terrible electrical supplies, stereos that aren’t dual mono, and only playing compressed mp3 streaming

Reactions: bonzo75

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing