bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
@kodomo san. Play that Bach album with your new Master Sig. This cart plays violin like no other. I have that album too.

Kind regards,
Tang

Reactions: bonzo75 and kodomo

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
ERC Lalo - Kogan LP is killer !
Hi Christian,

This Decca Campoli Tchaikovsky violin concerto is a surprise to me. I had it since Bonzo visited me a long while ago. The General sent it to me and I remember when I first held it I thought why he sent me this totally new record. So Back then I didnt pay attention to it. Bonzo palyed it once while I was doing my things in the office. I even said i didnt like it. I then put it in the card board box it came in.

Two days ago was curious so played it again. And Wow! Where did this come from? This pressing is brand new not ED1. It sounds incredible...very clean clear crisp low noise "modern" sound. Modern sound with all the hall ambient. Excellent! I could fake playing tape and people wouldnt know it is vinyl. It sounds pretty much like my Scheherazade tape. Bonzo gave me info that this is a remastered made in Korea. I never heard the original so cant tell how they differ. You might have the original already. But anyhow, it is one of my favorite pressings.

Tang :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
IIRC it was an analogphonic reissue - I do not exactly recall but think so - because in your first box G had also sent you a sample of reissues so that you could then decide if you wanted originals or reissues. He had also sent you a speakers corner (Mendelssohn Midsummer's Night) which sounded not good, the above Campoli (which is a reissue pressed directly from the master tapes, so it is better, but apparently not as good as an ED2). The idea behind that box was for you to decide and send back those that you didn't like so that your hearing/taste/desire to pay for better pressings could be calibrated to.

The Campoli ED1 is quite a collectible and goes for a high price, but I prefer my Hernyk Szeryng RCA original, and the Kogan ERC on Tchaikovsky (which also I now own). I love the Campoli Mendelssohn but unfortunately will never own it.

I heard the Kogan Lalo first movement when I visited ERC. I bought a Kogan Prokofiev of G which is stellar

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
WOW that video sounds good, consistent with your previous two Kogan videos.

Oh poor Hilary Hahn on Ayons

Last edited:
Reactions: Audiophile Bill

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
WOW that video sounds good

Not just good but Fantastico! In real.

The mendelssohn midsummer night dream has a skip on first song so I did not bother listen to more.

Kindregards,
Tang

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Not just good but Fantastico! In real.

The mendelssohn midsummer night dream has a skip on first song so I did not bother listen to more.

Kindregards,
Tang

Well my wow means fantastico.

If you put one skip on your Campoli Mendelssohn, please send to me

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing