www.bendingwaveusa.com
2019-10-22 17.50.22.jpg
2019-10-22 17.50.22.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I think that the 800 D is very underrated and for the most part because it is always or almost always treated like a second class citizen. Play these speakers against its competition with the same quality of electronics, cables and sources and I think you might have a different opinion of what they are capable of. We are using them in our big theater however they can be mated in a 2 channel High End room and be really good.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
I suggest you contact Mr.Taffel, or put out your own list.;-)

Horses for Courses --fair enough just not for my race I find the current B+W model too aggressive :cool:
Iv'e owned the original Silver Signatures--they were something to savour--since then its been downhill for the brand in my book
sorta akin to the Sonus Fabers -I have the SFGHomages--similar decline currently with the above outfit.

YVMV

BruceD

Last edited:
Reactions: valkyrie and Joe P

MJB

Mar 10, 2013
I’ve heard the 800 D3s recently with Luxman and Gryphon. I was surprised with how good they sounded.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I’ve heard the 800 Ds recently with Luxman and Gryphon. I was surprised with how good they sounded.

The D3 is quite good

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I fully agree with his first choice - the D'Agostino Relentless. I listened to it powering the WAMMs and yes, it adds flow, realism and a relaxed refinement to the music, independently of how loud is being played.

After the demos I listened privately to the same set-up using other amplifiers that will remain incognito forever and yes, the Relentless is really something very special. Would not mind listening to them in the XLF's , I would forget about tubes forever ... ;)

Reactions: Joe P and asiufy

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I fully agree with his first choice - the D'Agostino Relentless. I listened to it powering the WAMMs and yes, it adds flow, realism and a relaxed refinement to the music, independently of how loud is being played.

After the demos I listened privately to the same set-up using other amplifiers that will remain incognito forever and yes, the Relentless is really something very special. Would not mind listening to them in the XLF's , I would forget about tubes forever ... ;)

Doesn't take $250k to get flow and realism. Nor 1 zillion transistors. I would love to compare with Dartzeel which is the opposite approach.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Keith, you had the chance to listen to those, and unfortunately you didn't. I did. They are in a class of their own, possibly with the darTZeel NHB-468.
Don't put the Relentless down because it's expensive. It's a remarkable achievement.
And yeah, I'd love to compare the two amps as well, of course. But I could easily live with either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe P

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Don't put the Relentless down because it's expensive. It's a remarkable achievement.

Remarkable compared with what then? I've yet to see any reviews or comparisons with other amplifiers.

But you are correct I have no interest in hearing $1 million stereo systems nor do I consider them "remarkable achievements" - actually quite the opposite. However that's for a different thread ;)

Reactions: christoph

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Remarkable compared to the other amps that I have heard, and, it seems, to the ones Francisco has heard as well.
You don't need to buy or even want to buy a piece of gear to find it remarkable. And price has next to nothing to do with it, other than the fact that fewer people will be able to experience how remarkable such equipment is.
I understand the market is full of overpriced stuff. But to assume *everything* is *overpriced stuff* and not even want to listen to it, is a bit wrong, IMHO.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Remarkable compared with what then? I've yet to see any reviews or comparisons with other amplifiers.

But you are correct I have no interest in hearing $1 million stereo systems nor do I consider them "remarkable achievements" - actually quite the opposite. However that's for a different thread ;)

Well, I just posted my opinion on it - and it is my feeling that we have to listen to such systems to understand them. No review or written comparison will elucidate you. And most of us post for the fun and interest of sharing information, nothing else. But I understand you - I would feel the same as you about $1 million cars. It is why I do not go in car forums ... ;)

Reactions: Joe P

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing