Tascam 42 Reel to Reel Tape Deck and King-Cello Tape Preamp

Cohnaudio

Dec 24, 2016
Selling a Tascam 42 Reel to Reel Tape Deck. It has 1/4" 2-Track heads and can play 7.5 and 15 ips. The deck was completely overhauled and tweaked by a professional service (just 8 months ago), plays perfectly and is in excellent cosmetic shape. A new Flux Magnetics extended frequency repo head was installed and the unit is wired directly out from the head using top of the line, triple-shielded, Transparent cabling and rca jacks.

Also selling a King-Cello tape preamp. This unit is the one I purchased from Myles Astor last Summer. Myles had it tweaked to the hilt with ultra expensive caps and Furutech connectors. If you search this website, you can find what he had done to the unit.

I would strongly like to sell the two as a package, so I am selling both for $6,000, which is quite a bit less than I paid for everything just 8 months ago. I cannot have put on more than 30 hours on the units. I am happy to have anyone over for demos.

I am also selling some really cool Rock and Jazz titles of 1/4" tapes that I would like to upgrade to 1/2". So I am now selling them at a substantial discount. The tapes have had very little play and sound f---ing amazing. Write me and we can discuss

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing