Tchernov Cables

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hello WBF brothers,
Please share your experience on Tchernov cables from Russia, particularly their top series of Reference, Reference mk2 and Ultimate.

There is no Tchernov dealers in Hong Kong but William, the Tchernov dealer in Singapore will bring some cables to visit a friend of mine in Jan 2019.

I want to have some knowledge on this brand before meeting him.
And I will share my views in WBF after the gathering too.

Thanks a lot!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Thanks Tima!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
William Whey of Audio Sound (www.audiosound.biz )in Singapore visited my friend David 2 days ago with a bunch of Tchernov cables.

Here is David's audio system : Verity Audio Sarastro II ; MBL Corona preamp ; Emia Silver Autoformer True-balanced Remote Passive Preamp ; MBL Corona monoblocks ; Antipodes DX Server ; Lampizator Pacific DAC ; Clones Audio Switch ; Clones Audio PowerStation Deluxe LPS.

IMG-20190102-WA0047.jpg

Here are the Tchernov cables at the gathering :
20190105_160307_2.jpg

20190105_160331_2.jpg

20190105_160116_2a.jpg

Basically they are Tchernov Ultimate xlr interconnect cables ; Ultimate speaker cables ; Ultimate powercords ; Reference usb cable.

Reactions: sujay and tima

cmchan

Aug 24, 2018
I have been enjoying the top Artisan Silver cables in my system. Very transparent and revealing. Tested the Tchernov Ultimate cables (interconnects and speaker cables) and experienced improvements in breadth and depth of soundstage, control and accuracy - in particular bass, and more engaging overall sound. We gradually swapped out the Tchernov to see where most impact experienced. To my ears - biggest improvement was the interconnect between Emia passive autoformer and MBL monoblocks, although each cable provided incremental benefits thereafter

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I have been enjoying the top Artisan Silver cables in my system. Very transparent and revealing. Tested the Tchernov Ultimate cables (interconnects and speaker cables) and experienced improvements in breadth and depth of soundstage, control and accuracy - in particular bass, and more engaging overall sound. We gradually swapped out the Tchernov to see where most impact experienced. To my ears - biggest improvement was the interconnect between Emia passive autoformer and MBL monoblocks, although each cable provided incremental benefits thereafter

Thanks David for your comments!

Reactions: justubes

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
I use Artisan “Nth degree” interconnects in my system which are sounding excellent.
We’re you using the same or different cables in the range?
I used to use kimber select silver but the costs are becoming prohibitive on s range that’s barely ever changed.

cmchan

Aug 24, 2018
I have the Artisan Silver Nth Degree with XLR Furutech plugs. They are really good for the price and were better in my system than both the Wireworld Platinum Eclipse and MIT Oracle interconnects.

Reactions: bmarq and CKKeung

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
Thanks for sharing. I’ll do some further research on your recommendations

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
At which company is your aimed at. Not much evidence, just a sweeping statement. Please be a bit more specific

Reactions: Maril555

JayT

Oct 10, 2017
Just came across this thread, and wanted to add in something I wrote a couple of months back in my local forums.

Through the kindness of William at Audiosound, I was given the opportunity to try out Tchernov Cables.

I first heard it at a demo session with his Ground Zero speakers and a pair of Rockports, and being in the market for new speaker cables due to a change of set-up, he very kindly offered to home loan a pair of the Classic and Ultimate series speaker cables for me. Admittedly, the intrigue and sense of mystery of giving a try to cables made in Russia with cables pulled in Russia did add to my fervent curiosity.

So what did I hear after plugging them into my system, fronted by a pair of Marten Coltrane Tenors?

Now, this is not a "heard things I have never heard before" kind of experience, but instead I felt that I am hearing...more.

For example, on the track "Misty" by the Tsuyoshi Yamamoto trio, the decay of the piano notes, the tapping of the foot pedals, everything seemed to linger just a bit longer. I know that these parts of the track existed, but it become much more evident, without being too forward and fatiguing.

Another one of my findings was that it really could help in discerning component changes.

I was very lucky to have been able to try the CH Precision C1 DAC in my system, in place of a much older Weiss model. Before the Tchernov cables came in, I could tell that there was a difference in terms of the way the sound stage was being presented, but not much more. It left me wondering as to why the CH Precision was considered such a digital tour de force. However, that changed when the Tchernov cables came in. The layers and depth I heard in the various tracks with the introduction of these cables, allowed me to understand what the CH DAC was really capable of (might be the subject of a seperate post).

What about moving up from the Classic to the Ultimate? Unlike some brands where moving up the chain gives almost an entirely different sound signature, the main takeaway for me was that it opens up the sound even more, comparable to watching something on a 21 inch tv, to a 42 inch. I could live with either one happily.

In conclusion, to cut a long story short, it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience with the Tchernov cables. If I put it into food terms, it enhances the entire experience like spices, rather than changing the original flavour by adding a new ingredient.

While I am still in the process of changing some components around, I do think that the Tchernov cables will be something that will be high up on my shortlist when I finalise my system. I do recommend giving William a ring if you want to know more (great and knowledgeable guy too) , and I hope I will be back for them in the future.

Reactions: Steve Rowan

bmarq

Dec 29, 2018
I have the Artisan Silver Nth Degree with XLR Furutech plugs. They are really good for the price and were better in my system than both the Wireworld Platinum Eclipse and MIT Oracle interconnects.
May I ask what speaker cables you are using for your Sarastros ? Also, if you have tried the Artisan Silver Speaker Cables. Your posts got me interested to try Artisan Silver and Tchernov Cables for my Verity’s as well.

Reactions: tarquineous

cmchan

Aug 24, 2018
May I ask what speaker cables you are using for your Sarastros ? Also, if you have tried the Artisan Silver Speaker Cables. Your posts got me interested to try Artisan Silver and Tchernov Cables for my Verity’s as well.

porselen

Feb 28, 2013
Jay, i totally agree with your comment "hear more", the cables let you hear everything and with no harshness. It is all quiet. I have Tchernov all the way and for me its the best cables i have had and heard. Even the classic mk2 is a superb cable. I use both them and reference mk2.

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
Today I was very suprised, tried Reference line RCA. Compare to very expensive Ansuz C2 it showed more body, bigger lows, it just did not focuse on details and transparency but on the right and more realistic tembre of instruments, just pure music without sounding hifi. I realy like them, very enjoyable experience.

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
I recently added Reference 2 RCA cables to my main system between my Mojo Audio EVO DAC and , depending upon rotation, my Line Magnetic 518IA or Finale Audio 7189 MK2 integrated amps, or my Modwright LS100 preamp. They replaced some very nice sounding double helix interconnects made by a member which were on par with my Silnote Audio Orion interconnects. I agree with Zappadaddy's general assessment of their presentation. The Reference 2s have me curious about how much further the Ultimate would take the SQ

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing