TEAC P/70 and D/70

Hipper

Jun 12, 2011
Hertfordshire, UK
I bought these in 2004 and they are still going strong although the CD tray shows signs of misbehaving.

I'd like to ask please:

1. Does anyone on here have, or used to have, these machines?

2. If so do you think they are still up to a good standard or have they been moved aside by modern developments?

3. What would be suitable replacements if one wishes to continue with Red book CD, which is all I have (I have also ripped them to an audio PC)? It doesn't have to be TEAC/Esoteric.

4. Should they, particularly the transport, be serviced occasionally?

diaZ

Dec 30, 2019
Hello Hipper,

1.) for many years I owened and enjoyed this combination.

By the years I replaced the DAC with D03 and later the D02X, keeping the Transport . The new DACs bettered the performance,

especially with the external Master clock while keeping the word clock connection.

But the P 70 transport allways kept up with the newer ones, it was the last TEAC transport exclusively made for CDs.

2.) the P70 is definetly still up to a good standard.

3.) D02X for example.

4.) the DAC needs no service. The transports laser unit from Sony is out of stock, and difficult to get, but as long as it works

there is no need for replacement or service. I replaced the laser unit twice, means ca. all ten years or ca. after 10.000 h

Reactions: Hipper

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing