Techdas Air Force Zero at the Hong Kong Hi-end Audio Visual Show 2019

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Reactions: howiebrou

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Thanks for the photos. Not a bad combo but hard to listen with so many people packed into a room!

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
To me the stand out sound was in the Marvel music room with the Wadax Atlantis and Cessaro Firebird speakers. Both Stenheim rooms were outstanding too.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Two arm/catridge combos were used for the Air Force Zero demo :
1. 3012R with Ortofon SPU 85th Anniversary.
2. Grahms Elite with Techdas TDC01 Ti.

The phono was CH Precision P1+X1.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
To me the stand out sound was in the Marvel music room with the Wadax Atlantis and Cessaro Firebird speakers. Both Stenheim rooms were outstanding too.
That room was too small for the Firebird.
Haha

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
You guys are really lucky to have such a terrific audio show in your home town. I was there 3 years ago. One if the best shows I’ve ever attended

It was quieter than usual this year Steve, presumably due to the on-going protests. That paid dividends in that some rooms actually had seats available!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Last year the Show got 3xk attendents.
I guess this year it will have 30% less.
Let's see the number today (last of the 3 days).
:(

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
It was quieter than usual this year Steve, presumably due to the on-going protests. That paid dividends in that some rooms actually had seats available!

Howie, i have been the last 2 years, but not this year. Would be great to have less people at the show.
Probably will go next year again, hopefully more protests next year to enable more free seats ;)

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Howie, i have been the last 2 years, but not this year. Would be great to have less people at the show.
Probably will go next year again, hopefully more protests next year to enable more free seats ;)

Shane, if you do drop me a line. I’m sure we can convince you to go home with some new toys ;)

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Shane, if you do drop me a line. I’m sure we can convince you to go home with some new toys ;)

LOL. That's what I am afraid of. A few years ago the Tech Das importer had a couple of extremely tempting offers for Air Force One.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
LOL. That's what I am afraid of. A few years ago the Tech Das importer had a couple of extremely tempting offers for Air Force One.

Yup and i almost got it but came to my senses. Looking back may be i should have, so good was the price....

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Yup and i almost got it but came to my senses. Looking back may be i should have, so good was the price....

You too Howie. The Chinese gold version looked very cool especially combined with the gold SME V 12 inch arm.
Compared to the price now, they were super cheap. But you would need to upgrade to Premium model now :p

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
You too Howie. The Chinese gold version looked very cool especially combined with the gold SME V 12 inch arm.
Compared to the price now, they were super cheap. But you would need to upgrade to Premium model now :p

Not sure I would be tempted to upgrade TTs too much. My Acutus has served me well for more than 12 years. Digital on the other hand...

Reactions: XV-1

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
That white+gold version was made only for the previous Techdas HK dealer (Forthwise).
Very nice looking indeed.
And Forthwise offerred big discount when their dealership contract expired.

Reactions: howiebrou and XV-1

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
BTW some non-Premium model owner friends of mine after listening to the Premium version, decided to stay with their non-Premium models.

One reason is the increased prices and the other reason is that they don't like the sonic changes brought about by the diff platters.

Reactions: XV-1 and howiebrou

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
That white+gold version was made only for the previous Techdas HK dealer (Forthwise).
Very nice looking indeed.
And Forthwise offerred big discount when their dealership contract expired.

That is the problem (or opportunity) in HK. The distributors change so often and they dump stock to hurt the next one that the second hand values can go down the toilet. If you’re lucky you can get a bargain of course.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
That is the problem (or opportunity) in HK. The distributors change so often and they dump stock to hurt the next one that the second hand values can go down the toilet. If you’re lucky you can get a bargain of course.
The old dealers are forced to do that, otherwise what to do with their remaining stock?

Many manufacturers when signing contract with new dealers will launch new models to let the new dealers to have a good start.
The old dealers are therefore hit seriously.

Last edited:
Reactions: howiebrou and XV-1

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
The old dealers are forced to do that, otherwise what to do with their remaining stock?

Many manufacturers when signing contract with new dealers will launch new models to let the new dealers to have a good start.
The old dealers are therefore hit seriously.

I think there should be a mechanism where old distributors can pass on their stock to the new distributor. When you sell something for 20% of the retail price of the new dealer, new model or not, they are not going to sell much. And many manufacturers can not time new models to coincide with new distribution. If your distributors change once every 5-10 years i guess it is manageable but here they seem to change every 1-2 years which is challenging! T+ A just got dumped by Jadis. I wonder if there are some bargains to be had or if they have already been snapped up!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing