TechDAS Air Force Zero (real final photo)

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Much better or presentation is different?

Hello adyc. I think you are referring to my comment about comparing Rockitman's AS2000 to his AF1. If that is the case, I can refer you to my extensive report about that listening session. It is post #1569, page 79 of this thread: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fp8ysOTXWVltIyDFIepAJYllKApunoFt

I just reread that report and now realize that we did not make a direct comparison between the two tables because the cartridges were different. However, my sense that I preferred his new sound with the AS2000 compared to his old sound with the AF1 remains the same. The sound of the system was remarkably different. I would also say better. How much of this is a direct result of the different tables is a bit hard to say because some other things changed too. I left with the thought that if I were to keep just one table, it would be the AS2000.

Sorry to be off topic. Back to the AF0.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I listen yesterday in Munich a demo of AF0 in CH room
I was shocked.
I had many good TT,Yamamura,Symphonic line,Goldmund reference,Vyger,Bergmann,ecc,ecc
But never listen something similar
Scene, depth,presence,dynamic
Really shocked,i listen AF1 in show and demo but this seems really another league,seems more dynamic than my Studer A 80 R

TLi

May 27, 2016
I was shocked.
I had many good TT,Yamamura,Symphonic line,Goldmund reference,Vyger,Bergmann,ecc,ecc
Really shocked,i listen AF1 in show and demo but this seems really another league,seems more dynamic than my Studer A 80 R

I was there too. I listened to the 10:00am and 3:00pm sessions. The tracks that Nishikawa san played in the morning was similar to the ones in Tokyo.

Belafonte was his favourite. I was sitting in the middle on the third row. Which session were you in?

Reactions: CKKeung

TLi

May 27, 2016
IMAG2681.jpg IMAG2679.jpg Both sessions were great. At the end, there was a English speaking participant, which I think is an American, came forward to tell Nishikawa san that he was a Air Force One premium user and he had decided to upgrade to Zero and thank him for this masterpiece.

Reactions: CKKeung

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I also listen at 10 and i was in the middle in the 4 row.
I arrived 9.40 and was talking and did some photo with Elliot,then he left

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Happy for the American that upgrade to AF0

I have AF3P,could be can upgrade to AF2

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Happy for the American that upgrade to AF0

I have AF3P,could be can upgrade to AF2

Will this be before or after the upgrade to the P10

Reactions: gian60

Derainer

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
Apr 23, 2011
Germany
www.dereneville.de
I was shocked.

I'll bet you do.
You can only judge it that way because you haven't heard the Dereneville Modulaire MKIII yet.
I cordially invite you to experience this.

Kind regards,
Rainer

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I'll bet you do.
You can only judge it that way because you haven't heard the Dereneville Modulaire MKIII yet.
I cordially invite you to experience this.
Kind regards,
Rainer
Hello Rainer,
The Dereneville turntable and linear tonearms look to have a lot of ideas and tech in them.
Pls open a new thread on WBF and share more about them with us.
Thanks!

Reactions: PeterA

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear Rainer,
never listen Derenville but sure i know is very special also this

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Reactions: amadeus and Stump

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
HK Show.Spoke to the guy who spent 5 hour to set up the TT..Did sound nice.. View attachment 56284 View attachment 56285

Can somebody tell me one arm is Graham Elite what is the second arm?

I have heard the AFZero in Munchen i get back 4 times to this room and i am definitely convinced that especially CH Precision Amps and also a bit Vivid Audio Gaya speakers are definitely not in the league of AF0 this table deserves better!

The speed naturalness black background peace(!) and dynamic of this table is the number one contender of live performance it is amazing if any one things this is a trick to sell to richest he did not understood anything of the performance let him start chasing his ears.

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Reactions: amadeus and Stump

Stump

Jul 15, 2012
Can somebody tell me one arm is Graham Elite what is the second arm?

I have heard the AFZero in Munchen i get back 4 times to this room and i am definitely convinced that especially CH Precision Amps and also a bit Vivid Audio Gaya speakers are definitely not in the league of AF0 this table deserves better!

The speed naturalness black background peace(!) and dynamic of this table is the number one contender of live performance it is amazing if any one things this is a trick to sell to richest he did not understood anything of the performance let him start chasing his ears.
closeup 2.jpg closup.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing