TechDAS Air Force Zero (real final photo)

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
AtlasSL actually sounds better on SAT than on 3012R in my system. I like 3012R most and likely will not buy any other pivot type arm. But No supremacy on anything.

Tang :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The Apolyt was playing at Munchen 2018 with a pair of German speakers, Vitus amps and Acoustical Systems phono. Maybe you missed that.

Problem with sophisicated system is ... well it is so damn sophisicated and therefore carry more risk of meeting Murphy. This goes to all sophisicated tts. Most people do not realize with this kind of huge complicated tt, you need to have the designer on your side conveniently. It will break down sometime. The apolyt you need to have D install, fix, assemble, disassemble himself if you ever want move it or something is wrong with it. Just pain in the bud. But people who buy this kind of tt normally has a few more tts sitting around. So might be ok. The Caeles that Airbearing owns also difficult to get it right. When it went to Audio Exotics long time ago it didnt work properly. Between now and then, Airbearing managed to work with the designers on that same unit and got it to work wonderfully now. Airbearing even modified his own too. He could do this because he has designers on his side at convenient. He is friend with both Detrich and the original designer of Caeles. Point is if you want plug and play dont do very sophisicated tt. Even what seems to be a plug and play like Af1P, it still went wacko. If ddk didnt help me talk to Nishigawa san, I probably did not get a replacement of a controller box and my speed would still keep going up and down. So the more simple the better in my book. This is why I keep my tt as less complicated as possible. And at this level you must have the designer on your side.

Kind regards,
Tang

Hi Tang, you used to make sensible comments 18 months ago

Reactions: Lagonda and gian60

TLi

May 27, 2016
There was one Air Force Zero installed in Thailand recently. It was done completely by Thai technicans with the online help from Japan.

Nishikawa san wants to install every Zero himself with his engineers, but the lockdown and travel ban have made it impossible. Hope the Zero installed in Thailand is trouble free.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Michael Fremer has the Air Force Zero at home for review:

C4F03460-1384-4AA8-90D6-4DFB480CB2A1.jpeg

TLi

May 27, 2016
Michael Fremer has the Air Force Zero at home for review:

View attachment 75547
Yes, I watched the video too. Michael seems to be impressed with Air Force Zero.

By the way, the lockdown has beat me. I can’t wait any longer for the travel ban to lift and the Japanese TechDAS team to come to Hong Kong to install my Zero. It will be delivered next week and the new Hong Kong dealer will try to install it with online real time assistance from Japan.

If everything goes as plan, the Zero will be up and running in around two weeks. Finger crossed.

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
I heard the Air Force Zero at the Munich High End Show in 2018, I have to admit I was disappointed on first listen. They used a record that was more noise than music, I left the room before the end of the demo.

I wanted to give the player a chance as something costing that amount can’t be that bad, I was glad I came back the following day as it was a different experience. It sounded amazing, I have to say along with the Acoustical Systems turntable is the quietest background noise I have ever experienced on a turntable. Michael did turn up during the session and he was offered a review model to try at home at the time and he said yes, he would love to.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Thanks Ron. Watched the video the other day. He carries the vinyl torch and I appreciate that. Interesting how the AF Zero looks smaller in the photo than in other on-line images. It is still a beast though.

Congratulations TLi. That is very exciting. Lucky you. Please share images and impressions of the install and listening.

TrackingAngle

Industry Expert
Mar 4, 2014
Yes, I watched the video too. Michael seems to be impressed with Air Force Zero.

By the way, the lockdown has beat me. I can’t wait any longer for the travel ban to lift and the Japanese TechDAS team to come to Hong Kong to install my Zero. It will be delivered next week and the new Hong Kong dealer will try to install it with online real time assistance from Japan.

If everything goes as plan, the Zero will be up and running in around two weeks. Finger crossed.
The best part is that so far from my experience it will continue running without a fuss....

TrackingAngle

Industry Expert
Mar 4, 2014
I heard the Air Force Zero at the Munich High End Show in 2018, I have to admit I was disappointed on first listen. They used a record that was more noise than music, I left the room before the end of the demo.

I wanted to give the player a chance as something costing that amount can’t be that bad, I was glad I came back the following day as it was a different experience. It sounded amazing, I have to say along with the Acoustical Systems turntable is the quietest background noise I have ever experienced on a turntable. Michael did turn up during the session and he was offered a review model to try at home at the time and he said yes, he would love to.
The background quiet is confusing. I keep thinking I'm in "mute" and then BOOM!

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
The background quiet is confusing. I keep thinking I'm in "mute" and then BOOM!

Hi Michael, I remember talking to you at the 2017 show saying you have to listen to the Acoustical Systems turntable. Did you get a chance to listen to it and if so what did you think about the background noise or lack off compared to the Air Force Zero?

Below from 2017 :eek:

Michael & Chris.jpg

Reactions: Derainer

TLi

May 27, 2016
The best part is that so far from my experience it will continue running without a fuss....
Good to know that.

We met briefly in Hong Kong HiFi Show 2018. You took a short video of me talking to you. 7246471B-8945-44C1-8B81-CF5BF2DEB931.png

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012

CK and I might have to hijack the Zero on the way to your place..... :p

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Yes, we all know how big a guy Howie is!
:p

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Could you post a link to the video? Thank you.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing