Tedeska DST201ub

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
I'd be curious about AnaMighty Sounds 'Sculpture A' 103 reworks for your application as well...

Reactions: bonzo75

Exlibris

Oct 7, 2015
Canada
systems.audiogon.com
I'd be curious about AnaMighty Sounds 'Sculpture A' 103 reworks for your application as well...
I'm sure it's a fine sounding cart but it's specs don't work with my preamp.
The reason my friend put me onto Tedeska is because they make custom carts. He knows that my phonostage and tonearm severely limit my choice of cartridges. The My Sonic Lab, checks almost all the boxes though.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
I have the mono DT101 L. This Fantastic cart made me rediscover my beloved mono records. It is incredible. Service is top. Artisan maker is a professional classical musician, of course a music lover.
Thöress, manufacturer of famed tube electronics made me discover them, telling me he never heard better mono carts. I never had heard of them until that.
At that time I was thinking about Miyajima cart, but changed my mind and took the plunge. I’m absolutely delighted with the sound quality. And when time will come for a rebuild it won’t cost me 60% of the cost, far from it.

iaxel

Oct 25, 2016
I'd be interested to hear impressions of Tedeska's mono cartridges vs Miyajima's.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
« Me too » (speaking only of hifi …). They are in the same price range, so it would be interesting, but there’s not that many audiophiles who have multiple tonearms, one being dedicated to mono.
It’s a pity because good mono recordings have something very special when you listen. When I ordered mine, it was my first mono cart and I couldn’t have thought it would be that good.

iaxel

Oct 25, 2016
It’s a pity because good mono recordings have something very special when you listen. When I ordered mine, it was my first mono cart and I couldn’t have thought it would be that good.
A bit OT - I have tried various mono cartridges - e.g. SPU Mono, Miyajima Premium BE and non have impressed. They were OK, but my stereo cartridges always sounded better, if on a mono reissue or a mono original pressing.
Only when I've got the Miyajima Infinity did I "discover" the pros of a mono cartridge over stereo one.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing