Tellurium Q

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
Also very much intrigued by Jorma cables. They seem to be a little artisan builder that looks interesting. If you look at it carefully you will see little reviews but good ones and no ads in the magazines. Are the 2 things correlated ? .
I want to make no mistake because there are so many brands in cables, so many models and so many new models and brands each year.... Prices are very high when bought new but decrease so fast and so much when you want to re sell. I would like to keep it on long term, beginning with speaker cable and continue with interconnects and power cables.
So if don't want to ruin myself I also have to choose a reasonably priced one.
It seems crazyness about High Fidelity decrease a little these times. Mwhat have been your own path with cables ? Did you find peace ?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Also very much intrigued by Jorma cables. They seem to be a little artisan builder that looks interesting. If you look at it carefully you will see little reviews but good ones and no ads in the magazines. Are the 2 things correlated ? ??.
I want to make no mistake because there are so many brands in cables, so many models and so many new models and brands each year.... Prices are very high when bought new but decrease so fast and so much when you want to re sell. I would like to keep it on long term, beginning with speaker cable and continue with interconnects and power cables.
So if don't want to ruin myself I also have to choose a reasonably priced one.
It seems crazyness about High Fidelity decrease a little these times. Mwhat have been your own path with cables ? Did you find peace ?

Yes cables are something of a minefield and it is not easy to navigate.
I know of but am not really familiar with Jorma cables. I recall reading some posts about them on this forum which I think were mainly favourable. There may be other members who can give you more information on them.
The first serious cables I bought many years ago were Chord but at best they were good budget range cables. The first high end cables were Nordost Valhalla and I ended up with pretty well all the system having their cables - power, i/c and speaker cables. It was then I auditioned the Tellurium top of the then range and as I said earlier did not like them and tried the Entreq cables which I really like and which I believe are very good. Their user friendliness compared with the Valhalla power cables was a real bonus. So I am sticking with Entreq for all my cables and progressively upgrading them.
It is their natural musical sound which decided it for me. Their synergy with each of the different levels within their range means you can upgrade over time and I am sure that going all Entreq does have significant benefits in grounding the system. I will be sticking with them.
Their prices are competitive with other high end brands such as MIT, Purist Audio and Tara labs which all have their supporters.
Which cables to go for is a big decision because you really need to stick with one brand for the best system synergy, incremental upgrading through the range and to avoid the pretty high costs of changing to another brand while still only halfway to getting to. or near to, the top of the range.
To the best of my knowledge there are no real bargain cables out there. Good ones are not cheap whichever manufacturer you choose, but they are in my experience cost effective if you get the the ones that work well in your system,
Certainly it is advisable to try before you buy and I have found Entreq very willing to let you do that.
On the whole I think the best advice is if you find a brand that you like and it works well with your system then stick with that brand and move up the range as resources permit.
Hope that helps and good luck!

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Also very much intrigued by Jorma cables. They seem to be a little artisan builder that looks interesting. If you look at it carefully you will see little reviews but good ones and no ads in the magazines. Are the 2 things correlated ? ?.
I do like jorma cables . Tested jorma statement , jorma prime SC. Owe jorma prime IC . Neutral sounding compared to some cables I have . Even the jorma origo is much better than the skogrand I have - no contest .
Last few days compared Tellurium Q Black Diamond SC to Jorma Prime Sc. I prefer Jorma which should be at 3x Tellurium retail price . For its price I think it's value for money . Hopefully I can try out Silver Diamond

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
A friend must have felt that Jorma is so good his room is filled with Jorma prime . For his super long , prob 18m IC he used Origo ( prime would be double its price )

image.jpg
image.jpg

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
image.jpg

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
its best to keep to the same cable from start to finish. you dont need to spend a fortune but it is worth while investing a little time trying things. take your budget and try a full set of cables that are at the limit of this then half your budget and try a full set from some one like audioquest or even a small producer. give the hifi pig web site a look as they often reveiw smaller firms and seem fair minded.

in the end of the day there are always people talking about how thier cables are the best and they will try and make you feel your missing out. it never ends m8 so thier is no real final answer. entreq is a never ending upgrade path very cleverly setup hyper capitalisim system desgined to drain your bank account.

spazmatron,
Ok with the beginning and the end of your post but not ok with you about Per Olof. He is a fair man, is passionate (frenglish ?) about what he does and does it well and honestly. He always advise me and not on the more expensive gear. In several occasions he advised me for a cheaper choice
You can't speak of him like you do. His range of products is well balanced and there are Entreq for every budget and this is not the case for every builder as we all know. No one has to allways go for better and better in this hobby. This is our choice, pleasure and sometimes malediction.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
spazmatron,
Ok with the beginning and the end of your post but not ok with you about Per Olof. He is a fair man, is passionate (frenglish ?) about what he does and does it well and honestly. He always advise me and not on the more expensive gear. In several occasions he advised me for a cheaper choice
You can't speak of him like you do. His range of products is well balanced and there are Entreq for every budget and this is not the case for every builder as we all know. No one has to allways go for better and better in this hobby. This is our choice, pleasure and sometimes malediction.

+1

Colin Wonfor

Mar 8, 2014
Lost in Space
Hi Guys I am back,sorry.
The Inca Tech Claymore from the 1980s gets a review.
as the giant killer.
http://seca.freeforums.net/thread/204/joke-paul-miller

And more cables a new concept away from TQ, but logically would have been the next design of cable.

https://www.abcaudio.biz/

Reactions: kenniGT

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing