Testing area

Jul 25, 2012
NY
You know you could have typed those posts and simply previewed them to see how the fonts and sizes looked! :p

Are you going to "go advanced" to manage attachments?

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
You know you could have typed those posts and simply previewed them to see how the fonts and sizes looked! :p
I did that too, but I was also testing other stuff within the same testing posts, and I can still use them later on for more testing by simply using the Edit Post function.

Are you going to "go advanced" to manage attachments?
"Go Advanced" ...yes I did that too ... Manage Attachments ...I tried all options and possibilities that I am aware of, but without any success.
I would love to spend less time to type all the URL addresses when I want to share a picture from my picture's albums inside my PC, and directly to here.
...This is the only site where I cannot do that. :sadwithtearsinmysoul:

No big deal; I just take the long and painful way. ...By the way, I only type with one finger.

Another thing; there is no "Delete" function. That too is no big deal; you simply erase your post and replace it by the word "Deleted", like a quick edit.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2012
NY
. . . . ...By the way, I only type with one finger. . . . Another thing; there is no "Delete" function.
I got you beat--I use up to FOUR fingers to type. :p :p

There is a delete function--go to edit post, then delete is one of the options.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I did that too, but I was also testing other stuff within the same testing posts, and I can still use them later on for more testing by simply using the Edit Post function.

"Go Advanced" ...yes I did that too ... Manage Attachments ...I tried all options and possibilities that I am aware of, but without any success.
I would love to spend less time to type all the URL addresses when I want to share a picture from my picture's albums inside my PC, and directly to here.
...This is the only site where I cannot do that. :sadwithtearsinmysoul:

No big deal; I just take the long and painful way. ...By the way, I only type with one finger.

Another thing; there is no "Delete" function. That too is no big deal; you simply erase your post and replace it by the word "Deleted", like a quick edit.
drag the picture to your desk top and then use the photo icon above. Not sure why this is mentally challenging Bob ;). If its on your computer you can do it

Feb 8, 2011
Test number nine

Test

1. Gary, I don't have a "Delete" feature here @ WBF, on my laptop...running Windows 8.1 and Google Chrome as my main bruiser.

2. Steve, trying your suggested method now... Exceeeds your quota ...I always get that !

I'm telling you honestly guys; on any other site I don't have any issue...only here. ...Regarding 1. the 'Delete' feature, and 2. on inserting an 'Attachment'.
I give up...I've been trying for years...there must be something wrong with me. ...I'll do it the old fashion (prehistoric way). ...Like I always did with all the pictures I posted in the past...using the URL image address. ...Except that I cannot share any of the hundreds and thousands of pictures from my PC because they don't have any URL addresses. ...That's why I'm trying to upload some of them as attachments.

But hey, this is not the end of the world, right. :b

_________

♦ New test:

Failed.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hi Bob. I added code to the system to allow strike-through text. You invoke it with the tags [ strike] and [ /strike] except no space after the left bracket.

Or just quote this post and see how I did [strike]this[/strike].

Feb 8, 2011
1. [strike][/*strike]
2. [STRIKE][/*STRIKE]

1. [strike]More testing[/strike]
2. [STRIKE]More testing[/STRIKE]

Video testing:

Sample: [video][/*video]==> http

______

Example:
[video=vimeo;134687364]http://vimeo.com/134687364[/video]

______

SAMPLE: [video][/*VIDEO]==> https

______

EXAMPLE:
[video=vimeo;134687364]https://vimeo.com/134687364[/video]

______

* Remove star sign (*)
Also, works with both CAPITAL (LARGE) and regular/normal (small) letters.

Feb 8, 2011
Simple test:

Test One |
[/SPOILER*]

______

Test Two |

______

<<EDIT>> Both tests: Failed (Spoiler is not an option)

______
______

* Uppercase letters (Majuscules): Eg.; A
* Lowercase letters (Minuscules): eg.; a

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2011
Just testing ...

Test 1

Û (Alt+234)

® (Alt+937)

Å (Alt+911)

╬ (Alt+974)

*** Cannot get the sign "Omega" (Ohm). ...Anyone knows?

Test 2

Speaker impedance (Ohm)

Test 3

Û (Alt234)
© (Alt0937)

*** Nothing works for the "Ohm" symbol sign! ...There must be a special code for it...I can get all the other codes of the universe, except that one!
Anybody knows why? ...Btw, I'm on Windows, with a dedicated numeric keyboard (add, sub, etc.) and its light is engaged (on - green).

The funny thing is that I looked everywhere on the internet...and no one knows!
So, let's try here, @ WBF, where some of the smartest/knowledgeable people live. :b

How do you type the symbol sign "Omega" (Ohm)? ...I'll send a check by mail tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Bob

There can only be one Northstar .. That has to be the weirdest thread I have seen ... in WBF or elsewhere ..

lol

:D

Feb 8, 2011
Bob
There can only be one Northstar .. That has to be the weirdest thread I have seen ... in WBF or elsewhere ..
lol :D
Frantz, it's the testing area from WBF. It's the perfect forum's section to experiment/explore/develop/test/search for techniques to improve our posting skills.
It might appear strange to others, but it is instructive and beneficial to me, and consequently to others too.
Plus Amir added few features that are useful. :cool:

Me I just want to improve my life every single day; I try. And it's a team effort.
Once in a while I stumble into something that I wish was offered; and I simply share that idea with whoever is reading, and can help if agreeing.

But mostly (99%) this is the area to develop my skills in public forum posting. We live in an era of much more than words; with graphs, pictures, videos, trailers, links, internet, world wide web, Facebook, Twitter, professionals, audiophiles, videophiles, entertainment of the music and cinema world.

This is the best. And if we want the best might as well be the best @ it. All the best audio gear in the world and the best music recordings don't mean a thing if not operated by the best people who can translate the best message from the best techniques. ...So this testing "zone" is an essential part in pursuing that goal. ...It's like a helper, like hiring a professional acoustician; yourself, with the help of all the tools @ your disposition, including the people with free will.

I'm no different, I'm no "Northstar", ...I'm from the North, Canada, and I'm just another star in the sky like we all are. ...I'm me, I'm Bob. :b

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high-end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing