THE BATMAN Trailer (2021) Robert Pattinson Movie

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Literally dark. Started watching the trailer and had to really crank up the brightness to see it on my laptop.

The last Joker movie was so good it set a very high bar for this upcoming Batman movie.

When I hear Robert Pattison's name I automatically think of the Twilight movies. I know he's done some great work since so I'll have to get that old image out of my head.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
The Joker isn't suppose to be in this one?

Hopefully it doesn't suck. Everything DC has been on a ride to the treatment plant for awhile.

Reactions: MadFloyd and ddk

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I thought Batman was supposed to be a purple haired tranny in the next treatment.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
OK I came to this thread to ask the question: "do you really need another Batman movie after Christopher Noland's fantastic series?" But I just read that the director is Matt Reeves, the writer and director of the new Planet of the Apes movies.

This movie has a great chance to be good, I hope it is.

Ovenmitt

Nov 21, 2017
Watching this trailer made me miss going out to the movies, even more....

Reactions: ddk

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
OK I came to this thread to ask the question: "do you really need another Batman movie after Christopher Noland's fantastic series?" But I just read that the director is Matt Reeves, the writer and director of the new Planet of the Apes movies.

This movie has a great chance to be good, I hope it is.
It seems that this one is even darker than the Nolan series

Reactions: ddk

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Looks like it has more of a detective spin on it. If so, that would be novel.

Reactions: bonzo75

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Its kind of funny how Defund the Police and Anarchical type protest are lauded today. Yet movies are still about rigid law enforcement and killing the Antagonist.

Reactions: PeterA

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Its kind of funny how Defund the Police and Anarchical type protest are lauded today. Yet movies are still about rigid law enforcement and killing the Antagonist.

I loved the Joker. That was about mayhem and a very dysfunctional society. He was celebrated and a sympathetic character. I wonder how that movie would do in today's climate. That movie was a kind of prequel to the law and order that Batman tries to impose. In this trailer, Batman says "I am vengeance." These are rather topical films.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeff1225

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012

Reactions: bonzo75

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Such an interesting character. The respective transformations were quite different. One was sudden and the result of an accident, and the other was gradual overtime involving a troubled soul who was let down by society at every turn.

Their relationship with Batman himself is also extremely different. As is the timing. The most recent joker was simply an incredible movie on many terms.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The Joker isn't suppose to be in this one?

Hopefully it doesn't suck. Everything DC has been on a ride to the treatment plant for awhile.

Initially Nolan was planning Riddler with DiCaprio before going with Bane. Jim Carrey played Riddler, dunno who it is playing in this one but the trailer looks like Riddler

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Initially Nolan was planning Riddler with DiCaprio before going with Bane. Jim Carrey played Riddler, dunno who it is playing in this one but the trailer looks like Riddler

You can google the cast. Not looking forward to penguin.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
It's meh. Nowhere as good as dark Knight rises or Batman begins. His Batman voice is better than Bale's though. Dialogues weak and weak supporting cast, in contrast to Nolan

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
E10015D6-6599-4598-B91F-E758647E94B4.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Tlay and howiebrou

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
It's meh. Nowhere as good as dark Knight rises or Batman begins. His Batman voice is better than Bale's though. Dialogues weak and weak supporting cast, in contrast to Nolan
Nolan is hard to beat imo.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing