The Best Vintage 'All In One' Turntable?

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
Gentle People

I have long ago let my Vinyl Obsession fade to Digital Black. My last 'table was a Nottingham Hyperspace, before that, a Dual CS5000 all in one.

I have a friend, who wants an all in one table to replace his Oracle Delphi table, which, when working (it's currently not) is too sensitive to skipping for his tastes and boogying lifestyle.

He is now on a reduced income, but as a talented musician (a truly truly savant, but extremely lazy sax player, FWIW), he has amazing hearing acuity, so sound quality is a consideration.

He wants me to help him downgrade his Oracle 'table.

What table would you recommend for him? His budget would be in the 2-3k range plus whatever he can get for the Oracle. Recommendations can include tried and true table, arm & cart combos.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Kerry

Last edited:

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
New: Technics SL1200G + Nagaoka MP500 = less than $3k.

Old: Rebuilt idler with FR64S or 3009R maybe?

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Btw my 'vintage deck' is an SP10mk2 ( rebuilt ps ) in stacked baltic ply plinth with FR64S and FR7 cart. Looking hard you might find one similar in your price range...

Reactions: wbass and bonzo75

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Yamaha GT-2000 with outboard PSU
Exclusive P3
Exclusive P10
Kenwood L--07

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Yamaha GT-2000 with outboard PSU
Exclusive P3
Exclusive P10
Kenwood L--07
If you have an Exclusive P3 for under $3k please send my way ;)

• Haha
Reactions: mtemur

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Btw my 'vintage deck' is an SP10mk2 ( rebuilt ps ) in stacked baltic ply plinth with FR64S and FR7 cart. Looking hard you might find one similar in your price range...
As a fire and forget solution considering your friends budget and predilections , a great call.

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Technics SL 1000 MK II

is a great vintage turntable

Kenwood L07

as well

Luxman PD-444
plus Fidelity Research FR64s

is a great turntable as well

Reactions: bonzo75

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing