The Blues Music thread | Strictly Blues ?

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Here is Gary Moore and his crying guitar:

This mans god given abilities on the axe is undeniable. I saw him at The Universal Amphitheater and during one of his solos he has the crowd so captivated that all at once every single person in the place stood up hands in the air cheering him all the way through. He captured the energy of everyone there, one of my top 5 concert moments of all time. Getting the chills thinking about it, it was surreal.

For those that skipped by watching this video, put on some headphones or blast it through your kit...all 10 minutes.
We dont need no stinkin whammy bar!

R.I.P.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Reactions: NorthStar

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Yes sir, front row seats. Looking forward to seeing Jimmy Vaughan. Just saw Buddy with Jonny Lang last year at the same venue. Then we saw Jonny Lang again last month. Robin Trower is up after that..
We are 11 rows back and just about pulled the trigger on Trower but I know the wife will not be into that at all. Buddy is fun for all.
Our first time there, how is the sound and do we need ear plugs?

Reactions: AZWink

AZWink

Jan 10, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
The sound is just ok, not my favorite place for music. However, the 360 degree rotating stage makes it a very cool place to be up close and personal to the talent...love that. No, ear plugs aren't needed. The Rhythm Room is another cool venue to see blues artists; saw Walter Trout there a few month ago.

Dan 39509702_10155865910163099_5480503940439080960_n.jpg 50274399_10156194492778099_404076811039801344_n.jpg

Last edited:

AZWink

Jan 10, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Here's a great classic rendition from Hans..really good audio quality on this one.

Last edited:

AZWink

Jan 10, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Buddy Guy show last Friday: 9 year old boy was pulled up on stage to play with Buddy and Jimmie Vaughan. Cool stuff!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hi-FiGuy

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Buddy Guy show last Friday: 9 year old boy was pulled up on stage to play with Buddy and Jimmie Vaughan. Cool stuff!
It was a fantastic show! When Buddy went out into the crowd he came right by our seats. I will check and see if the video is worthy.
The kid was awesome!
Jimmy Vaughn has never done a damn thing for me (his brother on the other hands does everything)and found his set boring and just hitting the required marks to get by, no dynamics.
My wife wanted to leave before Buddy came on. She is now glad we didn't and has since been telling me all these factoids she has researched since we saw the show.
Very glad Buddy put the blonde attention whore in her place and told her to "sit down and shut the fu$k up" it was awesome!
You were right about the sound being ok, but not great.
Buddy can keep playing the same set over and over again and I will keep going.

Last edited:
Reactions: AZWink

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing