The Crown-Season 4

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Without question one of my favorite series on TV. Season 4 was released this past weekend and is now up to the era of the IRA, Margaret Thatcher and Princess Di and the IRA murder of Lord Montbatten (from 1979-1990). There is also a current era season 5 in the planning

The facial likeness of each character is uncanny especially Charles and Diana

This is one truly fantastic series. Episode one of season 4 was exceptional

This is not to be missed

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Steve, are they prefacing the series with the usual blarney "based on true lives and events"? Because they should really say "poetic licence used and abused".

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
At this moment watching last episode of season 4 - indeed great one

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Steve, are they prefacing the series with the usual blarney "based on true lives and events"? Because they should really say "poetic licence used and abused".
Marc

Why did I I expect a peanut gallery comment from you.
I continue to say that this is one of the ongoing best series on TV Season 5 should also be interesting but season 4 has all the juicy stuff

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Maybe you should address my point rather than throw peanuts at me yourself.

Reactions: Lagonda

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
A beautifully written series. Last season was the best. Just finished the first two episodes of season 4. Gillian Anderson is fabulous as Thatcher.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

There is no shortage of scandal during the entire history of the British Royal family.
How true

we're half way through this season it is just so well written, acted, directed as well as the cinematography with all of the pomp.

Fabulous series

Direct Drive

Sep 16, 2020
East Anglia, UK
I would caution believing much of it. much of it is really nonsense, full of artistic license. Today's Telegraph.
IMG_20201121_213140840~2.jpg

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Gerard, that was exactly my point. Artistic licence is one thing, taking the absolute piss is another.

Elizabeth has done many things in her 94 years. But I'd bet the chapel she's never scowled at Thatcher, or others, the way Olivia Coleman did in the trailer.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Wouldn’t know for sure, but I wouldn’t bet the chapel. Not sure about UK politics but I have had friends in Congress who have told me some amazing stuff that hope the historians get to dig into one day.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Looking forwards to The Obama Years where Beyonce tells Michelle O that the world isn't big enough for the two of them Lol. Well, that's apparently what Maggie told Elizabeth II in The Crown.

Last edited:

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Gerard, that was exactly my point. Artistic licence is one thing, taking the absolute piss is another.

Elizabeth has done many things in her 94 years. But I'd bet the chapel she's never scowled at Thatcher, or others, the way Olivia Coleman did in the trailer.
British history is so droll it must be spiced up for us simple Americans. If our leaders don’t call their political opponents nasty names, we get board.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I'm really objecting to this. The unprecedented success of the current Queen is based on the specific facet that she DOESN'T show emotion or pass opinions, formal or via body language.

She has met our PMs once a week since 1953, and prides herself on being the neutral sounding board.

Unlike you guys the other side of The Pond, she does behave herself impeccably.

Reactions: Golum and Vienna

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I'm really objecting to this. The unprecedented success of the current Queen is based on the specific facet that she DOESN'T show emotion or pass opinions, formal or via body language.

She has met our PMs once a week since 1953, and prides herself on being the neutral sounding board.

Unlike you guys the other side of The Pond, she does behave herself impeccably.
The unprecedented success of the current queen is because she’s still alive.

Last edited by a moderator:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
You have a point there, Jeffrey. Lol.
From the clip I saw, Olivia Coleman looks like she's imported her trademark scowl from her role in The Favourite.
Maybe she thought she was still playing the mentally unhinged Queen Anne, and not the supremely balanced Elizabeth II.

Reactions: jeff1225

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
A beautifully written series. Last season was the best. Just finished the first two episodes of season 4. Gillian Anderson is fabulous as Thatcher.
Gillian Anderson is fabulous, full stop. Not a great likeness of the Maggon’s voice though.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Mark, I thought it sounded pretty good from the trailer.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing