The Crown-Season 4

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I'm really objecting to this. The unprecedented success of the current Queen is based on the specific facet that she DOESN'T show emotion or pass opinions, formal or via body language.

She has met our PMs once a week since 1953, and prides herself on being the neutral sounding board.

Unlike you guys the other side of The Pond, she does behave herself impeccably.
Yes that whole family is always on their best behavior ! :rolleyes:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
That family does just fine.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Haha Milan. I'm not the world's biggest royalist. But they're the model of decorum and stability compared to some other hugely visible head of state families.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Haha Milan. I'm not the world's biggest royalist. But they're the model of decorum and stability compared to some other hugely visible head of state families.
And maybe it is just cumulative, in most cases heads of state only last 4 to 8 years, with royals and dictators it's "til death do us part" ! ;)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hmm, some heads of state do more damage in 4 years than our Royals do in 400, Lol.

Reactions: Lagonda

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Marc

once again I’m going to warn you that as always you are treading on dangerous ground You’re a slow learner Marc

this started as a wonderful discussion of what is considered one of the best series on TV and once again you are drifting across the line.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I hear you Steve. It's your thread, I'll butt out.

Steve Williams

I hear you Steve. It's your thread, I'll butt out.
it's not a matter of whose thread it's in Marc. It's you who teeters the line in threads such as these. Can we not just enjoy a well directed, acted, and filmed series without trying to inflict politics into the replies about a TV series

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hey, it's the British dry SOH. I was actually joking/half serious...our Royals get, ahem, royally criticised, but they are paragons of virtue re stability. I'll leave that statement with no addendums.

But where I am at liberty to leave an opinion is the preposterous scowl Olivia C gives her portrayal of the Queen and Maggie T saying there can be only one leader...c'mon!

If I was an American I'd be fully pissed off if dialog was put in the mouth of Robert Kennedy or Obama that I just *knew* was entirely fake.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
I was disappointed. After the opening, thought they would trace the arc of "The Troubles" in parallel with the Thatcher years, especially after largely ignoring Mountbatten during the previous seasons. Instead we got to witness 10 hours of a "whining, rich privileged" immature couple.

Last edited:
Reactions: KeithR

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I was disappointed. After the opening, thought they would trace the arc of "The Troubles" in parallel with the Thatcher years, especially after largely ignoring Mountbatten during the previous seasons. Instead we got to witness 10 hours of a "whining, rich privileged" immature couple.
Jazdoc,
This is the first time I've seen your wonderful H Simpson quote on your signature. One of my favorites is when one of his children said "this is the worst day of my life" and his response was "this is the worst day of your life...yet." I use that with my daughter all the time.

Reactions: jazdoc

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I’m with @jazdoc. What a dreadful season. I didn’t sign up for 10 hours of Charles moping. I mean, an entire episode was about which kid was her favorite (spoiler: none). even Philips candor and levity can’t save us from the overall melancholy.

l really enjoyed the first 3 seasons and hope the next one gets back on track.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

I tend to agree. It was the worst of the 4 seasons. It was based around Charles and Diana with each episode highlighting separate vignettes in the lives of the Royal family which IMO really didn't add anything. Season 5 will be the finale so I am hoping they turn it around. Having said that I felt the cinematography was spectacular

Reactions: KeithR

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
I think this is the right thread ;)

Attachments

• C28CB726-1207-433F-948D-AC785AB73D4F.jpeg
    C28CB726-1207-433F-948D-AC785AB73D4F.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 8

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing