The Dereneville Turntable Motor

AlexisArch

Sep 21, 2019
Without doubt, the biggest analog upgrade I have experienced is the External Dereneville turntable motor. I have about a dozen turntables in the house, from emt, to versa, 124, 301, 401, two oracles etc.
I purchased the engine after reading about it on a German forum. Mr. Reiner, who also writes here, is extremely courteous and competent, he convinced me immediately, and so I bought it, also for a future project.
Making a long story short, the results have been stunning, beyond my imagination.
in particolar, with the old but nevertheless valid Versa Dynamic, and his spettacolare contact-less air bearing, I experienced one of the most impressive analog sound ever ( and I heard a lot of topclass turntable, trust me). I am deeply impressed. :)
What changes? Practically everything, this ultra high class Turntable Motor is working exactly in the ideal intersection between Time and Space, where the music signal is born.. a overwhelming flood of musical informations, timbre richness, and a 3d imagine, really breathtaking.. (My actual sistem is formed by Viva Audio top line pre e pre phono, Fm Acoustics amp, Tad R1, cables mit Oracle Max etc)
In one word: Chapeau, Mr. Reiner!

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Do you have any photos?

Reactions: lordcloud

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Does the motor come with it's own controller?

Does it come with a belt?

How much engineering to get it working is required on the owners part?
It’s a finished working motor and controller in an attractive case, nothing for the owner to do aside from height adjusting the turntable press play and fine tune the speed. I don’t think a belt comes with it but I’m not sure.

david

Derainer

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
Apr 23, 2011
Germany
www.dereneville.de
Maybe this will help you.
Just two references from satisfied customers.

Dear Rainer,
The motor arrived today and has been installed.
It’s a beautiful piece of engineering. A solid build.
The motor is superb. The speed is now a perfect 33.33.
I hear big improvements in the sound, it’s more dynamic,
a huge sound stage and very transparent.
I am a very happy bunny .... it’s the right time of the year
with Easter around the corner.

Thanks for an excellent recommendation and a smooth and
efficient transaction - your support has been exceptional.

Wishing the family a happy Easter, happy holidays

Warm regards, Sanjiv

Dear Rainer,

The Dereneville Micro Seiki Tribute motor unit replaced a two motor VPI motor with fly wheel and SDS.
The Tribute motor unit sounds much better than the VPI combination with a more quite background,
increased dynamics and details.
The Dereneville motor unit does not come cheap but is worth all the money.
The unit has high quality and has no problems to operate the heavy platters on my turntable.

Greetings Henrik B.

Thanks and take care
Rainer

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
here you can see the Micro Seiki Tribute turntable with the Dereneville motor plus the Dereneville Linear Tracker tonearm:

_DSC8716_3.jpg

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
The Dereneville motor is a significant performance upgrade to Micro Seiki 1500 and 5000 series
I had the opportunity to try out the Dereneville on all of the above.

As Belt I prefer on Micro Seiki the original SF-1L belt or the Japanese rebuilt version.

On other turntables I had good experience with the Clearaudio belt (the white/clear version)

Reactions: Derainer

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014
The Dereneville motor is a significant performance upgrade to Micro Seiki 1500 and 5000 series
I had the opportunity to try out the Dereneville on all of the above.

As Belt I prefer on Micro Seiki the original SF-1L belt or the Japanese rebuilt version.

On other turntables I had good experience with the Clearaudio belt (the white/clear version)
So, what’s your impression of the MS Tribute compared to the original MS 5000 and other TTS?

alexismaster

Apr 29, 2018
One last clarification:
Audiophiles generally tend to heavily underestimate the importance of turntable engines.
For the classic analog- enthusiast: the engine must turn at 33.33 and that's it.
The function of a motor in truth is much more complex,
because the frictions on the spindle, on the bushes,
and the friction of the stylus in the grooves are not linear, but a highly variable resistance to advancement,
and all this causes continuous microfluctuations of the speed which in fact subtract precious information
from the audio signal.
High torque, absolute rotation regularity, absolute absence of vibrations or noises are the prerogatives of the latest generation ultra high quality motors:
But don't expect to find such an engine under your five-figures turntable ..
the well hidden engines in high end turntables are cheap toys in comparison, this is the sad truth :)

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
here you can see the Micro Seiki Tribute turntable with the Dereneville motor plus the Dereneville Linear Tracker tonearm:

View attachment 64839

I have almost got a woody looking at that piece of art. beautiful.

Shaki, have you heard this configuration?

Sammy T

Aug 30, 2012
Prices for the DAE-01 and 24 volt power supply? Also price and source for the DMS-5001

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
So, what’s your impression of the MS Tribute compared to the original MS 5000 and other TTS?
I never heard the Tribute Turntable in direct comparison.
I only had the Dereneville (tribute) motor in my set up integrated, the motor outperforms the original MS motors.

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Prices for the DAE-01 and 24 volt power supply? Also price and source for the DMS-5001
please ask "Derainer", as he is the manufacturer, he might prefer PN

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
I have almost got a woody looking at that piece of art. beautiful.

Shaki, have you heard this configuration?
Yes, I have heard the shown configuration,
but as the Demo was in an unfamiliar set up, I am not able to make a real judgement of the individual components involved.

Reactions: Derainer

Sammy T

Aug 30, 2012
For my Micro Seiki RX-5000... Best overall performer between the two motor drives.

DAE-01-CL with the outboard power supply.... Or DMS- 5001 ?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing