THE HIGHWAYMEN Official Trailer (2019) Kevin Costner, Woody Harrelson Movie HD

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The best Costner movies were no way out and untouchables.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
question for the mods:

is there any way dumping all these trailers onto the forum all at once can be done without it littering the 'new posts' list?

i'm not in any way dissing these trailers specifically. but when i try to watch WBF activity and find all this stuff clogging up my forum view i just go away until it flushes through. how do we feel about that? and it might take a half day before the forum recovers.

i guess the question becomes how relevant are these trailers to the forum focus?

if we could add these but bypass the normal access view then those interested can watch that forum and allow the rest of us to keep on keeping on.

i guess i don't come to WBF for my movie info. it's ok to have it here, but if it displaces my interests here then i don't care for that.

i just speak for myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: dan31 and bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I agree. There should be a way for us to switch something off our feed

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I'm sorry but I love the trailers you guys load into the server. Please take a poll before you make any changes.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Unfortunately this little forum is now bigger than the one Mike and I can tell you thst we have statistics to back that up. I understand your point and get your frustration.

I hear no argument when your feed has only audio related posts whether that be by one person or many people

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Unfortunately this little forum is now bigger than the one Mike and I can tell you thst we have statistics to back that up. I understand your point and get your frustration.

I hear no argument when your feed has only audio related posts whether that be by one person or many people

you are running a business.

i'm involved in my hobby.

our goals are not always in alignment. which is ok. it's a big world.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
The best Costner movies were no way out and untouchables.

I also liked “The Bodyguard” but usually I am a soft touch on dopey/sappy movies.

The trailer for this movie looks totally predictable and uninteresting to me.

Steve Williams

Someone needs to tell Spock that Benthamite utilitariansim leads to mob rule. It is not logical.

But IIRC didn't Spock give up his own life for the few as well as the many?

Steve Williams

you are running a business.

i'm involved in my hobby.

our goals are not always in alignment. which is ok. it's a big world.

agreed Mike but TBH I wonder if it bothers you so much why you have waited 9 years to mention it as I have posted the upcoming movie trailers 4X a year on one occasion for about 30 minutes each time with no complaints from anyone. As for disrupting the latest activity screen you can scroll to the next screen and see the posts that you were looking for. It's really not that difficult

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
agreed Mike but TBH I wonder if it bothers you so much why you have waited 9 years to mention it as I have posted the upcoming movie trailers 4X a year on one occasion for about 30 minutes each time with no complaints from anyone. As for disrupting the latest activity screen you can scroll to the next screen and see the posts that you were looking for. It's really not that difficult

i'm sitting at lunch on my phone and take a look at WBF and it's filled with all these trailers. i'm in the mood to see the threads i care about. but....they are buried and mixed in the trailers and it's just not worth it to grind through it to find stuff.

so i go to ESPN. later i go back and it's still filled. not worth my time.

i think about it and realize i have the AVS forum for all that stuff. WBF is different....in my mind.

silly me.

Steve Williams

sorry you feel that way Mike and also sorry to have put you out for a half hour today. It's easy to find threads you care about Mike if you subscribe to these threads they are easy to find. Also a simple search likewise will find what you are looking for. I believe we re both splitting hairs as this IMO is nothing worth getting my panties in a wad

Reactions: NorthStar

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
Ah, sweet Steve, 150k...super!

Next, finding out how many are Steve and Ron :)

Cheers,
Alf

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Mike, maybe clicking on “Watched threads” will take you right away to threads of interest to you, and allow you to avoid a glut of uninteresting posts in “Latest activity”?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing