The Kominsky Method | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The latest from Netflix and is a must see. This is so funny (especially for us older guys) that parts of it will have you wondering a bit about your self.

Executive Producer Chuck Lorre presents The Kominsky Method. On November 16, meet Sandy (Michael Douglas) and Norman (Alan Arkin), two lifelong friends who are navigating the ups and downs of life with humor, dignity, and some prostate trouble - reminding us that some friendships never get old.

The story is funny yet at times will leave a lump in your throat.

Created and written by Chuck Lorre this one will have you laughing from the very first scene

As typical of these series the star (Michael Douglas) is Executive Producer and is terrific and very comfortable in his role as an aging theatrical acting coach Sandy Kominsky, and his best friend Norman whose wife dies of metastatic ovarian cancer but before she dies makes the request that Sonny look after her husband of 47 years when she is gone

Each episode is all of 30 minutes and there are 8 episodes. We watched it in a day as we could not stop watching it

Chuck Lorre has hit a home run with this one. If you are a senior citizen, this series is for you as I am betting you will be relating to so many of the quirky comments made

Not to be missed. Highly recommended

At the age of 84 Arkin is a gem who steals the show. He is drop dead funny in this series

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Steve
We have enjoyed the series very much. One of the funniest lines I have heard on TV in some time when he described peeing "in Morse Code"

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
It's pretty good and Arkin's a gem. Douglas seems to be playing himself without the $$ or the wifey. It rises enough above the sitcom shtick to be enjoyable with stars who it seems can do no wrong.

Steve Williams

Steve
We have enjoyed the series very much. One of the funniest lines I have heard on TV in some time when he described peeing "in Morse Code"
without doubt the funniest line in the series.

Steve Williams

It's pretty good and Arkin's a gem. Douglas seems to be playing himself without the $$ or the wifey. It rises enough above the sitcom shtick to be enjoyable with stars who it seems can do no wrong.

Speaking of stars the cameo roles are terrific.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I watched the first episode chapter last night; it's Michael Douglas' vehicle.
He sure is addictive interacting with everyone, including himself.
I will watch the rest, you betcha.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

I watched the first episode last night; it's Michael Douglas' vehicle.
He sure is addictive interacting with everyone, including himself.
I will watch the rest, you betcha.
Actually I thought it was too but quite honestly Alan Arkin carries the show

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I still have seven chapters to go Steve. My comment was strictly on chapter one.
Sorry I wrote the word "episode", ...confusing perhaps.
I watched 'Roma' just before, so only one chapter (30 mins) of this series (roughly four hours total) was sufficient for me.

I'd love to know yours and your wife Cathy's comments after you watched 'Roma'.
Of course in the dedicated thread.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I finished watching the other seven episodes (chapters).
It's true that it goes like smooth sailing.
Michael Douglas is certainly the main subject here, and Alan Arkin provides equally in both actors interacting with each other, friendship, life's circumstances and the people surrounding them, family and students and day-to-day people's life. It's like theater mixed with real life decors.

I enjoyed it, there is something for everyone.

Can I score it? Certainly. Overall (humor and all): 70

* Great way to celebrate funerals. That was a sweet part.

Last edited:

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Lisa Edelstein did a turn as Arkin's n'er do well addicted daughter. She sure looked solid, buffed and pretty for a 50+ actress, not exactly addict-like, but the scene of her being stashed in rehab and running after the car in a hospital gown to get away was pretty funny ( and, sadly, very true of real addicts).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing