The Last Czars:Netflix:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Having visited Russia 3 years ago and spending a week in and around St Petersburg I have a keen interest in Russian history especially when it comes to the Romanov family who relentlessly ruled in an autocratic fashion a country that occupies over 60% of the earth and encompassing 147 different languages.

With a total lack of much to watch other than summer time reruns we found The Last Czars on Netflix. Initially I thought this was a miniseries of 6 parts telling the story once again of Nicholas and Alexandra. Each episode runs 42-50 minutes. What I discovered is that this was essentially a docudrama which was moderated by a bunch of historians all expert in this Russian history.The story was good but IMO not as great as the movie Nicholas and Alexandra but what it did was to unravel the intricacies of the history of the time and to to dig deeply into the story especially when it comes to Rasputin.

Like Chernobyl this is a British production so we hear the dialogue with English accents which doesn't bother me

What I really enjoyed is that the story is interrupted every few scenes with interjections by the historians who explained the history of what was going on. I really enjoyed this documentary as there were parts of the history about which I never knew

Definitely worth watching IMO

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing