The Last Dance

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
Anybody watch the first two episodes on ESPN/ESPN2 last night? I thought it was well done. The film of MJ early in his NBA career was spectacular. As Bird said after Jordan scored 63 against the Celtics in a playoff game (still the playoff record), "That was God disguised as Michael Jordan!"

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
I watched both episodes. I'm surprised how the owner, Jerry Reinsdorf is avoiding any blame for the team falling apart. You would think he would have intervened and not given so much autonomy to Krause. He could have salvaged most of the relationships an actually gotten rid of Krause.

I'm a Chicago Bulls fan because of this team in particular till this day so I'm geeking over all the insight the series is giving.

Highly enjoyable!

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
It often seems like success in sports, where big egos contribute to success, often also breeds big personality issues. The way Krauss screwed Pippen was despicable. The management situation with the Bulls, although different, still reminds me of the one with the Cowboys when Jones and Johnson couldn't get along.

Reactions: adamaley

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
i'm a little late to the party on this one but I just finished watching the 10 part documentary The Last Dance with Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. One of the best sports documentaries I have personally ever seen.This is a must see. Watching MJ through his younger years in college and finally for the Bulls in Chicago. Watching this story for me brings many names to challenge the greatness of MJ. The 2 however who quickly come to mind are Kobe and LeBron.

To me MJ in 90's was the greatest basketball player and certainly in retrospect it can easily be said that MJ was the GOAT.To me there is no doubt he is the greatest. Watching that series it was evident that he turned around a failing Chicago franchise and very quickly had 2 three-peats and the final season was what this documentary was all about with so many back stories that it was a pleasure to watch.

Michael clearly competed to be the very best and losing was not a word in his vocabulary .

The closeness to his father was endearing to see and the scene of Michael sobbing on the floor after winning his first game back after he left the sport for baseball for 18 months and the first game without his father's presence was gut wrenching

He was such a superstar that he needed his own private security everywhere and how his head of security became such a father figure to Michael
I have always been a Lakers fan and living in SoCal I rarely saw any Eastern games and I only first came to know of Micheal's greatness when he and the Bulls trashed the Lakers in their first NBA championship win in 1991

Michael is shown always with a cigar in his mouth and I guess he got that from Vlade Divacs who was the Lakers center at the time

So having said that to me number 2 is Kobe. There were times in the documentary that Micheal's smile reminded me of Kobe who always had a smile on his face and who also was always there to compete and give it his best. Kobe was the face of Los Angeles and the NBA from 200-2019 when LeBron took over.

Both are highly competitive and exude greatness but where I see the difference is that Kobe was a team player (one team for his entire career)just like Michael whereas LeBron is a ring buyer by team hopping and now he is attempting to be the face of Los Angeles and the Lakers. To this day I give Lebron high grades for his athletic skills (just ask him and he will tell you) but as a team player he will never be what MJ and Kobe were.

BTW it was sad to see Kobe n that documentary as well as Jerry Sloan who died yesterday

Reactions: Jazzhead

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
IMO the GOAT is MJ. His iron will to win over the years through adversity set him apart. Starting with a nothing team and taking them to two three-peats. Undoubtedly not possible without the genius of Phil Jackson. There were others too, but there always are with any championship run. MJ and Jackson stand apart IMO. Many here in NC wonder what he (and Carolina) could have achieved if Dean Smith had not straitjacketed MJ in his super structured team offense. (For the record I am not a UNC fan.)

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing