The New Acoustical System A*STELLAR turntable

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Details given in the youtube description.

92D77B26-AB70-4BEA-9283-75C4CA49D1FE.jpeg

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I have a saying… “too much muchness” that I think applies, at least wrt the aesthetics. I’ve not heard it so can’t comment on sonics.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I want to visit Mike later this year but might have to again after he adds this

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Personally I think that looks awesome in design terms! Almost like a Wadax designed TT lol.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Personally I think that looks awesome in design terms! Almost like a Wadax designed TT lol.

I still think a SOTA TT should have a good linear tracking option as certain systems especially SETs horns are best suited for that. Subtleties and nuances and free flow with a lack of structure are excellent. The Schroeder LT further convinced me like Vyger of that. The good thing about CS port is it offers the option to do both LT and pivot. No idea how it overall compares to the excellent pivots and to Vyger, but at least they have that thought process right.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
I still think a SOTA TT should have a good linear tracking option as certain systems especially SETs horns are best suited for that. Subtleties and nuances and free flow with a lack of structure are excellent. The Schroeder LT further convinced me like Vyger of that. The good thing about CS port is it offers the option to do both LT and pivot. No idea how it overall compares to the excellent pivots and to Vyger, but at least they have that thought process right.

Do agree Ked - this allows 4 arms so a good LT is a must. I would install the Bergmann Odin. Possibly a Reed 5T too. Then a big beefy Glanz or FR66.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I want to visit Mike later this year but might have to again after he adds this
no plans to add a tt to the stable, but agree this one has that 'look' of something special. agree on the linear tracker comments. will be curious whether the Primary Control can pull off the same magic tricks. probably some slightly different ones.

and, of course, plans can change. the sprouting uber tt merry-go-round does have my attention but only curious at this point.

and btw; your room is ready....but still no coffee.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
great looking table and light years ahead of Deitrich's last table which was Fugly to say the least. I saw it in HK and it was HUGE.

Any communication on cost?

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
The market for Uber TT’s remains strong. Not sure anything beats the American Sound from DDK, but everyone gets to chose and find what fits them best.

Reactions: Lagonda and PeterA

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Love the sound of CS Port LT

iaxel

Oct 25, 2016
great looking table and light years ahead of Deitrich's last table which was Fugly to say the least. I saw it in HK and it was HUGE.

Any communication on cost?

Has anyone audition this TT? I only saw photos of it but no reviews/impressions.

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side
Do agree Ked - this allows 4 arms so a good LT is a must. I would install the Bergmann Odin. Possibly a Reed 5T too. Then a big beefy Glanz or FR66.

can be done. The 5.th arm board is behind the spindle between the two rear ones …

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
can be done. The 5.th arm board is behind the spindle between the two rear ones …

It looks a very substantial and interesting TT. Any pricing yet?

Reactions: marmota

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
no plans to add a tt to the stable, but agree this one has that 'look' of something special. agree on the linear tracker comments. will be curious whether the Primary Control can pull off the same magic tricks. probably some slightly different ones.

and, of course, plans can change. the sprouting uber tt merry-go-round does have my attention but only curious at this point.

and btw; your room is ready....but still no coffee.
No plans...yet :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Do that and I dont think you can play your left rear arm. Most LTs take a lot of real estate and limit the ability to have 4 arms.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Not sure you can even use the front right in this setup.

Haha. I can only assume one needs to be judicious on arm lengths at the various points.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing