The New Acoustical System A*STELLAR turntable

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Not too familiar with the syst . Just describing what I heard . Bass wise Coltrane 3 is superb . All Vitus - MPL/MPP/ MPS , Palladian catridge on Axiom. All silver DIY cables. I would expect it to be a lot more dynamic

Palladian cart on axiom to me was always boring, not dynamic, and polite.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
it this is newly set up we have to wait a few months no? Also what cartridge was on it
Probably Yes . Just set up 2 weeks ago. Still at exploration stage & certainly much better than previous TT - Sperling at 1/3 its price

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Probably Yes . Just set up 2 weeks ago. Still at exploration stage & certainly much better than previous TT - Sperling at 1/3 its price

the Sperling had the same arm and cart?

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
the Sperling had the same arm and cart?
Everythg is the same except for the TT & the owner is playing ard with silver DIY cables.
one thg for sure it has a v quiet background , maybe quieter than my AFO

Reactions: bk16 and bonzo75

thekong

May 10, 2012
Everythg is the same except for the TT & the owner is playing ard with silver DIY cables.
one thg for sure it has a v quiet background , maybe quieter than my AFO

Interesting, the AF0 is the quietest TT I have auditioned. If the Astella is as quiet as, or even quieter than, the AF0, I can’t wait to audition it :D

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Interesting, the AF0 is the quietest TT I have auditioned. If the Astella is as quiet as, or even quieter than, the AF0, I can’t wait to audition it :D

so Mike is missing out on two TTs now

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
which details and what could have been better?
put the AFO & Astellar side by side , u can differentiate the finishing clearly. Maybe I didn’t like the silver matte finishing too much . Rattling top plate of the power supply / pump. Anyway, it’s a matter of taste

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
so Mike is missing out on two TTs now
i just don't need another belt drive tt. i like mine plenty. but you can add them to your list of stuff you think i should buy if you like.

that said, i certainly admire the design and am interested in how it performs. how can i not be?

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
Interesting, my Palladian plays on a Brinkmann 12.1 tonearm more dynamic and lively than on the Axiom, too.
Axiom is one the most dynamic tonearms on the market. Other one is SAT CF1-09. I’m not sure which is better, probably Axiom. It’s that good. That’s my observation. On the other hand I’m still pretty skeptical about Astellar turntable.

Reactions: DasguteOhr

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Axiom is one the most dynamic tonearms on the market. Other one is SAT CF1-09. I’m not sure which is better, probably Axiom. It’s that good. That’s my observation. On the other hand I’m still pretty skeptical about Astellar turntable.
I have Axiom . I like it . Tried Aiwon in my set up. Didn’t like it. . Not sure Palladian is good enough for the set up

Last edited:

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
I can sign the statement from the tonearms I know. Axiom gives things a little more pressure than, for example, the tw 10.5 in a direct comparison with the same cartridge. and that is tw's premier discipline.

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
In my possession, I have had both the Axiom Anniversary and the Aquilar Anniversary.
After meticulous comparison between the two, as well as with a variety of other tonearms and cartridges, it is without any reservation that I assert Dietrich, from Acoustical Systems, has crafted some of the most superior tonearms currently accessible in the market.

The moment a cartridge becomes compatible with either of these arms, it significantly diminishes any consideration of seeking an alternative tonearm ever again.

Regrettably, the Titan Tonearm is priced beyond the financial reach of 99% of individuals

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
In my possession, I have had both the Axiom Anniversary and the Aquilar Anniversary.
After meticulous comparison between the two, as well as with a variety of other tonearms and cartridges, it is without any reservation that I assert Dietrich, from Acoustical Systems, has crafted some of the most superior tonearms currently accessible in the market.

The moment a cartridge becomes compatible with either of these arms, it significantly diminishes any consideration of seeking an alternative tonearm ever again.

Regrettably, the Titan Tonearm is priced beyond the financial reach of 99% of individuals
Certainly 1 of the better tonearms out there . In fact , Dietrich was kind enough to change my tonearms twice after it developed some minor issues many years after the warranty was over

Reactions: Birdwatcher

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia

Alex , 1 of the best aspects of Astellar . Probably because of its magnetic bearing

Reactions: thekong

Birdwatcher

May 29, 2018
EU
Yes, the service done by Mr. Brakemeier ist fantastic and outstanding. It is a pleasure to use his products.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing