The new Denali 6000/S v2

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
https://www.thecableco.com/denali-6000s.html

Why everybody are so quiet about this exciting new V2 model?
Please share info on WBT.
Thanks!

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Nobody has one yet.
We have 20 orders in already which will start shipping next week.
Thanks Caelin for the info!

The HK dealer has just posted a news about the Denali 6000s v2 on the most popular hi-end audio forum in Hong Kong.
I thought it would have arrived at the dealers/retailers in N Am earlier.

May you please give us a rough estimation of how close this new Denali S6000 V2 is to the Triton V2 / V3?
Thanks again!

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
As you know that is a subjective question and if you asked 10 different people you get 10 different responses. If you look at the specifications and features of the Denali v2 it is very clear it is a formidable performer compared to any power conditioner on the market.

Each, individual outlet is isolated one to the others with greater than 60 dB of noise reduction. Furthermore every outlet is now rated for high current devices.

What may not have been clear in the linked info is that the Denali 6000/S is now available in both silver/grey and black/black versions.

I can say this without hesitation, if you don’t need more than 6 outlets and you are looking for a true reference caliber power conditioner, you will not be disappointed with the performance or build quality of the Denali.

And if quality and longevity mean anything to you - the Lifetime Warranty demonstrates our confidence in our product.

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Here's a video we just created to help launch the new Venom NR cables:

Guillaume

Reactions: DetroitVinylRob

notme

Nov 4, 2015
I'm a big fan of my Denali 6000/S. Thanks, Shunyata.
Will there be an upgrade program to v2?

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Will the Denali reduce noise going back into the wall, and therefore to other components connected to the same electrical circuit/bus?

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Any word on the new grounding system previewed in Florida?

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Just ordered two Denali V2 to replace(?) my PS Audio P20. I will report on what works better in my system.
I like the P20, it’s been completely reliable and rock-solid for nearly 2 years of duty.
It can sometimes add noise, or let line noise pass through, perhaps because it does not have a great grounding system. Not sure.
The optimal solution is a hybrid of the two models - regenerated AC + filtration and component to component isolation; but that doesn’t exist yet.

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
Just ordered two Denali V2 to replace(?) my PS Audio P20. I will report on what works better in my system.
I like the P20, it’s been completely reliable and rock-solid for nearly 2 years of duty.
It can sometimes add noise, or let line noise pass through, perhaps because it does not have a great grounding system. Not sure.
The optimal solution is a hybrid of the two models - regenerated AC + filtration and component to component isolation; but that doesn’t exist yet.
That will be an interesting experiment. In my setup the Denali V2 has allowed me to hear my gear's true potential for timbral realism and tone (and timing). I finally understand why power distributors are the foundation, even if the gear is quite good without it (meaning, the gear both rejects noise coming into the equipment and injects little noise back into the power line).

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
Since my last post about 1 month ago, the Denali has broken in further (NOTE: I didn't follow the advice of breaking it in with a fan or similar power draw before installing in my setup). My assumption is that low power draw gear like my DDC and DAC, simply takes a long time to break in the electrical path of the Denali dedicated to those outlets. If the Denali were easier to access in my setup and the power cords were more manageable, I would swap the amps to the digital and vice versa.

As usually happens in my setup, the HF are the last to break in. While my ear picked up on the better HF last week, what is captivating now is the timing -- just the natural flow of music. I can understand why some folks worry that digital will always sound like individual samples tied together, but these days of super low jitter (sometimes below the testing gear's capabilities), the timing miscues are inaudible to my ears.

With timbre, tone and timing intact, digital sounds like a GES (Good Enough Simulation) of live music and is very engaging and musically involving. Just to repeat: no previous power distributor/conditioner has accomplished this in my setup.

Last edited:
Reactions: CKKeung

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
How many hours did you find it took to break-in the Denali? Shunyata has mentioned 150-200 hours.
That is a difficult question to answer because I didn't track it very closely, but I would estimate that while I enjoyed the Denali's effects at 200 hours, twice that was needed to hear what it really did in my setup. That is when the positive effect on timbre became clear. And it improved after 400 hours in the high frequency range. That may have more to do with my setup than the Denali since previously I have found similar long break-in for the HF when adding new gear. Perhaps it is the result of my ears being sensitive to HF noise of any kind.

I believe that there are too many variables in different setups (+ room, ears, etc.) to reliably generalize, however. It is a component that you can simply connect and forget. Over time, it will settle in and music will flow more easily.

What have you found from your own experience?

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
I certainly found an immediate improvement vs the PS Audio P20, at least in my setup. My incoming power is quite good (~118-123V / THD 3-4%). I will wait for at least 200 hours to summarize my thoughts. First impressions: slightly lower background noise, better localization of instruments and voices, wider soundstage, and overall more natural presentation.
I am using 2x Denali v2 to replace 1x P20. I was using the P20 with the PS Audio AC-5(?) power cord, which is not as good as the Shunyata Alpha XC cords, so that’s probably part of the benefit.

Have you experimented with the grounding post on the Denali? I plan to try that shortly.

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
You have some pretty cool toys at home. :) Perhaps your good power + high-end gear = low need from a power distributor.

I would be interested in your grounding experiments. None of my components have grounding lugs. I suppose I could try the Shunyata cables that they use with their Altaira grounding system since those cables can connect to unused connectors (RCA, XLR, etc.). First, I would need to check the grounds on those connectors. Maybe down the road...

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
You have some pretty cool toys at home. :) Perhaps your good power + high-end gear = low need from a power distributor.

I would be interested in your grounding experiments. None of my components have grounding lugs. I suppose I could try the Shunyata cables that they use with their Altaira grounding system since those cables can connect to unused connectors (RCA, XLR, etc.). First, I would need to check the grounds on those connectors. Maybe down the road...
Thanks… it’s been quite a journey over ~30 years…

Grounding the battery powered preamp DarTZeel 18NS increased noise, which makes sense I think. Will try grounding the Taiko Extreme next.

Reactions: PYP

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
If the devices we use were transformer isolated at input
most all ground issues are addressed
now I did not say all lol

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
I now grounded the preamp power supply, rather than the preamp phono input. Seems to have improved things.
Does ground plane noise contribute to background noise?

Reactions: PYP and Audire

dandylinpsst

Jun 12, 2010
Ask fellow Shunyata Research
First time using Shunyata Research Denali 6000 v2
It is found that except the front panel is metal, other parts of the shell are made of plastic??
Is there a technical consideration? Or is it a cost consideration? Is the flagship EVEREST 8000 also have the same structure?
thanks

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing