The New Integrateds: An Urban Renewal?

pdubya

Oct 30, 2012
Audiophile wasteland
Could you speak more to what you found intriguing about this integrated. I have it on my radar. What have you compared it to, and what stood out to you?
Just how interested are you? I have a Signature v2 (2017 specs) that I really like but just doesn’t suit my system goals. Drives 4 ohm YG Haileys nicely in a 14x19 room and sounds great with 16 ohm AG horns in a 17x37 room.
Parker

John57

Sep 29, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
I have a Gryphon Diablo 300 driving Magico S3 MkIIs in a small/medium room for predominately large scale classical music. This integrated is just about perfect for my needs, and I think I'd have to spend considerably more to significantly better it.
Heard loads of good reviews about this integrated. Nice choice.

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Cover-photo.jpg
A classic SET integrated is nice, pure signal paths and simpler circuit designs. I heard the Kondo OnGaku some years ago and remember how good it sounded. I would say look at the Aries Cerat Genus Integrated. It is a superb 25W (40W peak) SET amplifier using the big bottle 813 tubes. In fact the whole amplifier is big at 67 kilos and 53cm wide 53cm deep. It also has a superb headphone output which is as good as any headphone amplifier I have heard )I have heard many of the top contenders).

At 15K euros the Genus is a baby of the Aries Cerat family, but it's performance is superb. See the Peter Breuninger quote at 7:53. Interesting he has the full Audio Note M10 pre-amplifier and Gaku-On mono blocks in his room at the same time - circa 200K.

Reactions: John57

John57

Sep 29, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
View attachment 48629
A classic SET integrated is nice, pure signal paths and simpler circuit designs. I heard the Kondo OnGaku some years ago and remember how good it sounded. I would say look at the Aries Cerat Genus Integrated. It is a superb 25W (40W peak) SET amplifier using the big bottle 813 tubes. In fact the whole amplifier is big at 67 kilos and 53cm wide 53cm deep. It also has a superb headphone output which is as good as any headphone amplifier I have heard )I have heard many of the top contenders).

At 15K euros the Genus is a baby of the Aries Cerat family, but it's performance is superb. See the Peter Breuninger quote at 7:53. Interesting he has the full Audio Note M10 pre-amplifier and Gaku-On mono blocks in his room at the same time - circa 200K.

Moving report indeed. Product combo of the year @40k

doxycc

Feb 24, 2019
Really appreciate this topic as integrated amplifiers often get short shrift. I’m looking to simplify my current component system and wondered if any would comment on or have experience w Mark Levinson 585($12k), Goldmund Nextgen 590 ($25k) and CH Precision ($50k). All three have received great reviews by audio journalists but nearly impossible for consumer to compare given limited dealer network.

Reactions: John57

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing