The Passion of Audio

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Happy New Year Everyone!

I am ringing in the new year by watching this classic video of audiophiles from Athens Greece. Our friend Ack knows some of these characters. I love the passion for the music and for the gear. I can't help feeling the emotion and lunacy from these guys as they discuss their passion. And then, near the end when Elgar's Cello Concerto starts playing, it hits me every time. Great stuff and IMO this is THE standard or reference for audiophile interviews.

Here is a link:

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Lunatics indeed, in a good way. Got off the phone with one of them (not in the video, but the treasurer of the club back then) just hours ago, he's getting into SACD, and to tease me, he sent a picture of the player's top plate - nice looking screws indeed. He said it sounds far superior to his EERA CD player, an excellent player itself; buys Japanese 2-channel discs everywhere he can find them; loves Mahler's 5th, has at least two dozen versions. And he's going to buy a second turntable. We spent an hour on the phone, said others we typically hang out with are getting into tape. Really good and friendly guys. And I thought I had a loose screw here and there.

Happy New Year!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
What is this digital player?

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
The eera Tentation, a classic

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Agree, I have that.
No, his new superior to Eera source.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
He won’t say yet, part of the lunacy

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
If it's way better than the Tentation, it must be spectacular. The Tentation is one of the few components to never disappoint.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Happy New Year Everyone!

I am ringing in the new year by watching this classic video of audiophiles from Athens Greece. Our friend Ack knows some of these characters. I love the passion for the music and for the gear. I can't help feeling the emotion and lunacy from these guys as they discuss their passion. And then, near the end when Elgar's Cello Concerto starts playing, it hits me every time. Great stuff and IMO this is THE standard or reference for audiophile interviews.

Here is a link:

A classic indeed!

Happy New Year to all!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing