the sound of tao - some video shares

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Marc there’s plenty of precedence for running two sets of speakers. I still hold that speaker choices mostly also involve constraints and compromise and that having two different speaker kinds for different purposes allows you to potentially cover more situations. This is especially useful if you like listening to a diverse range of music types.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
It’s great to be able to share and just know that we all come at this together as works in progress and it is a supportive atmosphere. I hear qualities in others systems and that gives me glimpses at some of what might be possible. That we use the real thing as a reference and also then sounding natural as an aim and even with flashes and brief moments of almost realness are such a surprising thing. It’s good to have some wonder in our lives.

Nice sentiments Graham. Thank you for sharing these videos.

Reactions: the sound of Tao

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Nice sentiments Graham. Thank you for sharing these videos.
Thanks Peter, as ways of documenting works in progress the videos reveal a bit of a recent stall here but it’s good to have them. My focus has been elsewhere over the last 18 months and I’ve noted the part of me that analyses has largely gone MIA. I think it’s the system and the way it leads me to listen more to the music and less to the parts of the sound. I see this as evolutionary rather than revolutionary and I see this as a good thing. Maybe not a full stop but a good pause.

But you’d figure pushing record on your phone while listening to music would be a relatively easy and intuitive gig. Then the audiophile within us takes over… the sufficient system warm up, finding the right grab of music, then recording one or two takes, the preliminary self review before uploading and sharing, adding some considered supporting text and vetting the compares is the additional complicating consumption beyond the original simple intention :eek:.

Having done so many of them yourself I’m sure you get all this and that as system glimpses they add another dimension to connecting to where fellow audiophiles are going and bring a different kind of insight to our posts… as imperfect as records as they are.

They are good to share though and come with bonus music… also for good and for bad :eek:. When I’ve reorganised my new space a bit better and get back on track with changing out the horns I’ll do some more. In the interim swimming, the ocean and the pesky music keep leading me astray lol.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing