The ULTRA 7 Loudspeaker video review by Greg Weaver of The Audio Analyst©

Damon Von Schweikert

WBF Technical Expert
Sep 15, 2016
California
www.vonschweikert.com
Hi Everyone! On April 2nd, our dealer The Audio Company held a premiere event to present the newest addition to our flagship line of loudspeakers, the ULTRA 7. In addition to the Atlanta Audiophile Society, Greg Weaver of The Audio Analyst© was invited to play a choice selection of his vinyl collection for all in attendance as well as get several hours for a private audition in front of this system.

So if you haven't had a chance to hear them for yourself yet, here's Episode 70 featuring Greg's firsthand experience with the Von Schweikert Audio ULTRA 7 flagship loudspeakers. Enjoy!

SeagoatLeo

Feb 23, 2015
If I become wealthy (possible still), I'd rather own an Ultra 7 passive than a 55 or 9 (11's too large for my room). It is more efficient and apparently easier to drive than the 55 and significantly smaller and lighter than the 9.

Damon Von Schweikert

WBF Technical Expert
Sep 15, 2016
California
www.vonschweikert.com
If I become wealthy (possible still), I'd rather own an Ultra 7 passive than a 55 or 9 (11's too large for my room). It is more efficient and apparently easier to drive than the 55 and significantly smaller and lighter than the 9.
I can't disagree. I think the ULTRA 7 successfully hits many critical "wants" from audiophiles in performance, physical size and the adaptability to go into many sound rooms. I think this will be the sweet spot in the ULTEA line for many people.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing