The Whale

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Believe it or not this year has actually had some excellent films, many for which will be nominated for many awards and many will win. Prior to seeing The Whale my favorite movie of the year was Baz Luhrmann's Elvis and Austin Butler was my shoe in for Best Actor in his portrayal of Elvis. I believe Austin Butler will win the Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy. The Oscars however are a different kettle of fish as there is only one Best Film, Director, Actor, Actress and co Actor/Actress. They say that each actor at some point in their careers finds a defining role in that actor's legacy. I haven't seen Brendan Fraser for many years. His films were usually fast paced and fun such as The Mummy and Mummy 2, Blast From The Past etc. The Whale is not inly (IMHO) Brendan Fraser's defining role but so also this is his year for winning the Oscar for Best Actor. The make up in this film is something you have to see as it is so very real.

I believe he and the film will win many awards this year. The story will grab you and at times have you dropping your jaw at the sight of this man whereas at other times you will be quite choked up..Strangely it is getting only mixed reviews but with a running time of 118 minutes it is worth the watch. It is a screen adaptation of a play.

Director Of Photography: Matthew Libatique
Cast: Brendan Fraser, Sadie Sink, Hong Chau, Ty Simpkins, Samantha Morton, Sathya Sridharan, Jacey Sink
Director: Darren Aronofsky
Running Time: 117 min.
Writer: Samuel D. Hunter

Synopsis
A reclusive English teacher suffering from severe obesity attempts to reconnect with his estranged teenage daughter for one last chance at redemption

Brendan Fraser on The Whale, Being Favored to Win an Oscar

Reactions: jazdoc

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Not surprisingly and well deserved Imo, Brendan Fraser won Critics Choice award for Best Actor in a movie. His acceptance speech was truly inspirational I expect him to win the Oscar as well

Reactions: jazdoc

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Agree with Steve. Minor nits to pick, but an outstanding movie and wonderful performance by Brendan Fraser.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing