The Wilson Audio Art Book

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
If you are referring to the new book it’s title is’The Wilson Way’. I’ve ordered a copy.

The book to which Joe refers is written by Ingo Schulz of Fidelity Magazine in Germany. The Limited Edition is titled Dynamic Contrast and Harmonic Expression : The Philosophy of Asking the Right Questions. It is available in English, French, German, and Mandarin.

The book to which you refer is The Wilson Way - The Official History of Wilson Audio which is a history of Wilson Audio written by John Giolas.

Both books are recent releases.

Reactions: Joe P

leyenda

Mar 2, 2011
I bought the “Dynamic...” book and it was the worst $200 spent on a book ever (the Quad/Mcintosh/Garrard books were much better in terms of content). Judging from pictures on the web, “The Wilson Way....” seems to be a better planned and better executed product.

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
I bought the “Dynamic...” book and it was the worst $200 spent on a book ever (the Quad/Mcintosh/Garrard books were much better in terms of content). Judging from pictures on the web, “The Wilson Way....” seems to be a better planned and better executed product.

I have a copy of each sitting on my desk but as I have been away from Provo since April, I have read neither.

As i understand them, The Wilson Way would be more akin to the books you describe. It's more a company history book than is Dynamic Contrasts... To have that you need to have the history of Dave and Sheryl Lee. That is the foundation of Wilson Audio. The Wilson Way also had access to company archives that Dynamic Contrasts.. did not. It was written by John Giolas, one of the most successful Wilson Audio dealers in the 80's and 90's and currently Wilson Audio's Director of Marketing. John has been with Wilson 20 + year following his retail days.

Dynamic Contrasts.. is an outsider's (Ingo Schulz) view on the way Dave developed methodologies over his career. We have had very positive comments on the book. I wish it had been more enjoyable for you.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I enjoyed Dynamic Contrast & Harmonic Expresssion. It offers a sweeping and pictoral perspective on Wilson Audio and David Wilson - I took it more as a character and philosophical tribute to DW and the key elements of sonic reproduction that guided his work, viz. dynamic contrast and harmonic expression. At the back is a nice timeline of Wilson products from 1974-2018. Not a technical or how-to book, though very nicely done with great visuals.

I haven't seen John's book yet, but I can tell you it's very well written.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing