Votes: 4 36.4%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
Pats again, especially given last years Super Bowl. Brady will make it happen.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I don't care. And I am from the Boston area, thus should have a vested interest. What I do know is that football induces irreversible brain damage:

https://www.vox.com/science-and-hea...-symptoms-cte-football-nfl-brain-damage-youth

(The facts outlined in this article are not very controversial anymore, they are backed up strongly by research.)

The mother of my godson and I strongly agree that he can play whatever sports he wants, but not American football -- not ever.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Reactions: mulveling

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
The half time show was some kinda schizophrenic ADHD nuisance.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I don't care. And I am from the Boston area, thus should have a vested interest. What I do know is that football induces irreversible brain damage:

https://www.vox.com/science-and-hea...-symptoms-cte-football-nfl-brain-damage-youth

(The facts outlined in this article are not very controversial anymore, they are backed up strongly by research.)

The mother of my godson and I strongly agree that he can play whatever sports he wants, but not American football -- not ever.

Al, nobody replied to your post.
I will.

Kids in America play football @ college. Other sports too...basketball, baseball, tennis, ping pong, etc. The number one sport in the world is soccer. Other people less physically talented chose music, drug dealing, pharmaceutical industry, oil industry, electrical industry, hostel industry, real estate, insurance, etc.

The money in football is attractive for kids, the brain damage risks are not something they think about...only the money. Boxing is no different...with or without gloves, with or without running shoes.

I saw the film 'Concussion', I've read scientific studies on the brain of boxers and footballers.
The Super Bowl is the biggest event of the year in America; is there another one more popular?

The players get paid very well, more than most drug dealers and trash collectors.
The brain is not something America cares about. The proof? We don't need to look any further than the channels on TV, on the Internet, on Twitter, on Facebook, etc.

Life is too short to be worry about the brain; people want the thrills, the fast money, the high life, the no tomorrow ever comes.

This is not what I believe, this is the reality around in vast general, here and everywhere.
We are open to business. That, is the mentality. It will take many many many years to break free and wake up good. Our great great great great great grandchildren won't even have the chance to live it...who ever will?

Yesterday was probably the worst Super Bowl in American history; someone here remember worst? The only saving grace I saw was the joy and innocence of Vivian, Tom's beautiful daughter. For me the pictures of her face and in Tom's arms, embracing her father, celebrating with him, her eyes looking above in the sky snowing colorful confetti snow flakes, brandishing the trophy high and seeing her face reflection in it, all of that is what is the biggest sport of them all...family, healthy family without brain damage.

I was disappointed big time with the halftime horror show. It is terrible that our kids are into that kind of awful display of scary exhibitionism with so much distaste about music..RAP, and Pop going zero nowhere but deep deep down in a black hole @ point of no return.

That, is brain damage. So, all in all, with the beer commercials ($5 million per half minute), the movie trailers ('Us'), the music show, the boring game, ...it's all brain damage that goes perfectly well with the state of the affairs in a world lost in search of true values.

Nobody replied to your post, I said I will and I just did.
_____

On a lighter touch, but without losing real perspective...

Reactions: Al M.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Man's nipples @ the Super Bowl? I'm sure he was proud to show his tattoes around them and behind and the big California sign printed above his bellybutton. Young girls were probably aroused.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4922002/adam-levine-halftime-show-super-bowl-nipples/amp/

Brain damage is not only caused by physical hard contacts to the head like in football and in boxing, but also from crap music shows performed by tasteless exhibitionists playing awful and irritating music. Male stripper joints...that's where he belongs and his music and his buddies and all the young women cheering with delight and on the verge of orgasmic brain hemorrhage with all that nipple's rage.

We need more psychotherapists in this country, and abroad, and less brain damage shows under all kinds of domes and colors, including white.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing